How long does a stomach virus usually last?

I got sick late saturday night with this stomach virus. I was up all night with severe vomiting and diarrhea. I finally quit vomiting by morning. Now it's monday and I still have diarrhea and I'm very weak. My stomach is gargling and growling so much it sounds like theres a torando in there. I am eating and drinking a little but it seems to fly back out the other end pretty quick. How long does it take to get over this mess? Any recomemdations on what to eat or drink?

FroggyFeet

Asked by FroggyFeet at 11:29 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Health

• Sounds like what my young boys are going through! Their diarrhea lasted two full days, but their pediatrician told me it could last up to a week. Stay hydrated with gatorade and I hope you feel better soon!
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 11:33 AM on May. 16, 2011

• drink pepto & eat pea nut butter stop your self up mine last 3 days
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 11:43 AM on May. 16, 2011

• If it lasts a few more days, plz see your doctor. I thought I had a virus and it was an infection. I have been sick for 7 weeks now. See doctor sooner rather than later. gl
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:51 AM on May. 16, 2011

• It depends on the type of virus, some run it's course in 24 hours others take a week or two. If it persists past two weeks you need to see a doctor. It could be something else like a gallbladder issue.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:56 AM on May. 16, 2011