whats the deal with kids having kids?

are we raising our kids wrong or what? i just cant believe how many kids under 17 who are having kids. what happened to our morals? ill admit i was having sex in high school but only with one guy but i was on the shot. i didn't get off birth control till i wanted kids. my parents were ok with getting the shot and my mom took me down to get it. so if you know these kids are going to be out screwing around why not make them get on birth control you are the parents, or teach them that sex = babies...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• I think it's wrong for kids to have babies. For now, I can just say that my kids better not. My 8 year old knows that sex causes babies and that she needs to wait until she's married to have babies.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I don't think it's as simple as that, my mother told me this in highschool and she got me birth control but I still managed to have a kid at 17. And kids are more rebellious these days and sex is something that isn't as much as a taboo. I agree that parents shoud be more open with their children though as that is the only way to teach them. But as I said I don't think it's that simple.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 1:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• why don't you post this question without being anonymous....
    Anonymous

• i know alot of kids doing it for the feeling that they are LOVED. too many kids these days aren't loved, or they're 14 andhave a 18 yr old they love them, next thing you know she's having sex cause he's an older guy and she wants to keep him around.. well then next thing you know she's pregnant. or you just have kids raised in the ghetto or something that you see on Maury that are sleeping with anyone and anything to get a baby LOL
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• It's pathetic isn't it??? The first time I had sex was when I was a senior in high school, 17 years old, and I had actually graduated early. Stayed with that guy for a year and a half, (through part of college) and came home to find him cheating on me. I sure don't look forward to when my son is in middle/high school... He's only 3 now, but I'm sure it'll hit me like a freight train. I think part of it is that parents are too lenient with their kids these days, hell, some even set an example by sleeping around and partying all the time (I know a couple) and then others just don't connect with their kids. It's pretty damn sad.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 1:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Alot of parents like to teach NO SEX!!! Instead of teaching them what could happen if you do have sex. I plan on teaching my children to practice abstinence, but also teach them the importance of using protection if they do decide to have sex. Teens do it, come on people! I'm tired of hearing that if we give our kids condoms or put them on the pill we are telling them its OK to do it. If I had a daughter I would put her on the pill shot or what ever, just so that IF she decides that she is going to have sex, then she is protected against pregnancy. Theres more to worry about then getting pregnant. STD's! And lots of them can't be cured!
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• why did you post post anonymous? Answered at 1:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 by: Anonymous

that wasn't the ?.....i just dont get why ppl think its ok for kids to be having kids......when most, now i said most not all, cant even take care of themselves let alone another child. there are a few that are 17 who are capable of raising a child but a 15 or 14 ......i dont think so
    Anonymous

• I am 31 and am pregnant with my first, however, I broke the mold in my family.

My own mother was a grandmother by the time she was 30, this made my grandmother a great grandmother by the time she was 45, my great grandmother was a great great grandmother when she was 61, and my great great grand mother (if she had survived that long) would have lived to be a great great great grandmother by the time she was 76.

We have a long line of 14, 15, and 16 year olds giving birth in my family and not one bad parent. You can't force birth control, you cannot force a child to not have sex. Sorry, but even though it was hard on several young mothers in my family, they still survived, they are still good people and I refuse people like you to say that my family is one big mistake.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i dont think you can blame the parents in this situation. My mom taught me all about safe sex and that can you get pregnant she even took me to get birth controlle and i still got pregnant by 17. Its not as simple as the parents opening up there eyes and maybe when your child gets older you will understand that . Just cuz you teach your children right from wrong and put them on birth controlle or buy your son condomes to use doesnt mean they are going to and for a girl all it takes is to miss his birth controlle one time. you cant be with your kids 24/7 things will happen. i was a straight A student in high school no one thought i would get pregnant.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• No one ever said it was ok to have children as children but things happen you cant force anything on your children like i said and you cant be with them all the time. By any means did my mother tell me it was ok to have a baby at 17. never did she tell me im so proud of you for being pregnant at 17 but she did support me in my choice to keep my son that right there is a great mother.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2008