Cure for Cancer

What do you think about this?!

Damn pharmaceutical companies and their money...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Scientists_cure_cancer__but_no_one_takes_notice

http://www.dca.med.ualberta.ca/Home/Updates/2010-05-12_Update.cfm

-lovingliam-

Asked by -lovingliam- at 11:40 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• If that's true, it makes me mad!

My poor Dad and what he had to go through!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:43 AM on May. 16, 2011

• It's sad, I have lost half of my family to cancer.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 11:44 AM on May. 16, 2011

• One size does NOT fit all where cancer is concerend.  So I think that is no different than anything else that someone has come up with

Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:44 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Not surprising ... I've heard for years that there's a cure for diabetes as well but it's not made to be common knowledge because there's money in sickness, not in health.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Zakysmommy...

As a science major in college, this isn't like other "treatments". Mitochondria exists in everyones cells... apoptosis is a natural part of cell functioning as well (apoptosis: programmed cell death). These are natural, where as cures currently being used are highly unnatural and poisonous. My husband is a cancer survivor so this hits home and is part of why I am attending college to be a professional in this area. This is WAY different than "anything else someone has come up with"
    -lovingliam-

Comment by -lovingliam- (original poster) at 11:49 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Lots of money to be made, there will never be a cure.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:00 PM on May. 16, 2011

• This sounds like quackery. As in "Quack Doctors". Sorry ,but there is so much junk on the Internet now that I am finding most of it hard to believe.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:43 PM on May. 16, 2011

• In addition, there are drugs that are available in other countries that the FDA snubs...... Yes, it's partly about the money-
    Anonymous

• Sounds like something that should be investigated further but isn't really a cure they can be using right now. They would need more testing that is in either article. There are actually lots of things being tested that seem to be working on different cancers that we don't even know about. You only find out when you get cancer and are put into the program.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:58 PM on May. 16, 2011

• That's what happens when we consider health a commodity instead of a human right.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:41 PM on May. 16, 2011