31 weeks pregnant and had brownish and grayish dicharge

I went to the bathroom and when I wiped I had grayish dicharge so I kept wiping and it started turning brownish but mixed with gray and a little mucousy Sorry my spelling. I went again to check and theres nothing there now. I called my doc and she said to go to the er. But I have my son in school and my daughter with me so she said to go later on today when hubby comes home from work. Im so nervous, has this happened to anyone before? thank you

browneyez29

Asked by browneyez29 at 11:50 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You need to call your husband, and have him come home, if the doctor thinks you need to go to the ER,,don't hesitate, just go, you could have lost your mucous plug,,,,please just GO!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:54 AM on May. 16, 2011

• You MAY have just lost your mucous plug.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:55 AM on May. 16, 2011

• You should definitely go to the ER. When your doctor tells you to go, go. But aside from that, that color of discharge is NOT a normal part of pregnancy. You really need to go get checked out asap, at least for the baby's sake. It could be a sign of infection. Gray discharge is usually associated with infection, as is brown. Such infections include cervicitis (cervical inflamation) as well as bacterial vaginosis. Brown is also associated with old blood.

HOWEVER these are NOT all of the possibilities as to what it could be. Like PP said it could have to do with your placenta. You just really do not know until you go to the ER.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 11:59 AM on May. 16, 2011

• thank you very much I just called my sister she is gonna come and watch my daughter and pickup my son from school. I dont want to wait any longer Thank you for all you answers
    browneyez29

Comment by browneyez29 (original poster) at 12:24 PM on May. 16, 2011

• good luck mama. keep us posted.
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 1:56 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Good luck hun
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 3:31 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Hi i went to the er everything is fine. They didnt find any infections or nothing so Im very happy with that. Thank you all again for your answers and good lucks!!
    browneyez29

Comment by browneyez29 (original poster) at 6:43 PM on May. 16, 2011