• In the Spotlight:

Child piercings (not ears) :O

I was walking through town today and I saw a woman walk past with their child (I'd say the kid was around 3) and she'd pierced their lip and eyebrow. And the woman had a lot of piercings herself. Is it just me or is that horrible. Personally I think it should be the child's decision when they are older and that what she'd done was awful. What are you guys opinions on this? I know I'm being judgemental but I guess it just shocked me somewhat, I didn't know it was legal.

haleykarson

Asked by haleykarson at 1:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Just for Fun

• EWWWWWWW!
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 1:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Are you sure it wasn't a fake piercing? idk I don't think a small child should have a piercing like that, they can't possibly take care of it properly.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Exactly, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't fake because I could see the eyebrow bar bump in his skin. If that makes sense.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 1:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• OMG NO! Not that young! I have lots of piercings, and I see nothing wrong with letting a teen piercer their tong lips bros what ever they can come out. Its not permanent like a tat is. BUT 3! She must have done it her self or had someone do it outside a piercing shop. I don't know one self respecting piercer that would ever do that. I've known quite a few, and many have kids and said HELL NO to facial piercing till at least 16-17 .
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Here, a child cannot get a tattoo or a piercing under the age of 15 period. They aren't even allowed in the parlors in town. All of them have signs that say no child under 15. Perhaps they were the fake rings, but even still, I am not really sure how I feel about that. My children don't even have their ears pierced because I figure that is a personal choice they should make. I would never do it, and I have piercings and tattoos. But those were my choice. My husband didn't choose them, my mother didn't choose them, I did. Even piercings if they are torn or do not heal well can leave a scar if the child decides later to take them out.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• They could be fake piercings like prettyrayray said. I know that with my four year old step son that people gasp at his fake tattoos that he loves to wear. They are not childlike, he wants to look like daddy so he wears barbed wire tats and stuff like that. Some people actually think that we tattooed him. GEEZ!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I don't see why it wouldn't be legal with the parents permission. Still, a little strange. It would shock me to see a child that young with face piercings. A friend of mine does piercings and his 12 yo daughter has a few, and her ears gagued, but she was old enough to actually say, "I want that done". I still wouldn't allow my 12 yo to have it done.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 1:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• with gauged ears if you do it right and don't go to high your ears will go back to normal. I hae my ears done to a 2g. I have to plans of going any higher. You said her mom is a piercer, so she will know how to do it right. Scars can happen with anything. Yeah they can get ripped out, but it's not going to be a huge one.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• They could stil do it at home on their own. I think it's disgusting personally. Let the child be a child! Why put holes all over their bodies? To make them look "cute" or "cool"?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Exactly Reneek3, children aren't dolls!
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 1:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2008