DH's stepdad was mad I didn't buy dh anything for his bday!

So he packed him up, took him to Walmart, and spent $200 on him.

So, here's the thing. In the last 3 mos, DH has gotten a $200 set of doctoring bags (goes on a saddle, carries drugs and syringes for the cattle he works) a $60 pr of spur straps to go on his $275 spurs he ordered, a new $2600 saddle (one he had he traded in for $1300 off) a $650 pr of custom-built boots, and is looking at buying himself a $3500 horse. He already has $1000 worth of boots in the back room we bpught last year that he doesn't wear for one reason or another, and he gets $100 to buy his lunch and chew every pay check.

After mortgage and insurance, utilities and taxes, I have $600 left at the end of the month for groceries and diapers. Any reason then, that he should have gotten anything more than the card the 2ds and I got for him?

His stepdad was upset, he was disappointed, but I didn't get anything from him for my bday, our anniversary, for Xmas, for Valentine's day, and he went to the leather shop on mothers day, 2 hrs away, "for the afternoon" and didn't get home til 945pm.

I ALWAYS get something for Dh, for every marked occasion. He always has a "surprise."

Why, because my Dh spends all of this money on himself, should I feel bad for not BUYING him something?! If I took $200/mo and spent it on myself for lunch and whatever else, he'd have a cow.

He spends more than the $200/mo, as we put our tax return into a CD we have been building for 3years, and borrowed against it so we would have the money to pay the insurance deductible for a breast reduction surgery so I can go back to work, (training horses.) But he's spent nearly all (minus $650 of it I designated for a crib, mattress, and $100 at hobby lobby because he had my bank card) but $635 on himself!!

Want to tell fil to kiss my ass!

matobe

Asked by matobe at 12:19 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Holidays

• why not show your dh exactly how much he does spend on himself alone...
    show him how you have not bought this, this, this, bc he spends all of the money...
    tell him how selfish he has become and how rude his father was to you ...
    I would make my voice well heard to him over this ...
    Now to really piss him off... open a separate account for you only... you can
    access only... If you are paying the bills he don't need none of it...

I would also have a few choice words for ole FIL too...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:54 AM on May. 17, 2011

• heck i def. would. thats exteremly selfish of your dh. and maybe you need to sit down and talk to him about it. seems like hes spoiled!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 12:25 PM on May. 16, 2011

• He's never, EVER asked for a thing from me until after he started working for this guy. He would pack his lunch, and wouldn't buy new shoes til he walked thru the holes in the ones he had on his feet. When I point that out, he comments on the $100 I spent at hobby lobby, the pair of boots he bought me in 2007 (I can't wear anymore because my feet grew w/ pregnancy)... and since I was dx with fibromyalgia, he's been treating me like I am 12, and excusing practically everything I say as though it doesn't count.
    matobe

Comment by matobe (original poster) at 12:30 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I think FIL needs to remove himself from the situation. It's none of his business and your DH does not sound like he is going without. That is an incredible amount of money to spend and then expect you to rush out and break the bank on his birthday.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:37 PM on May. 16, 2011

• It isn't about the money!!!
    matobe

Comment by matobe (original poster) at 12:44 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Thank you! Fil has said his last bit of what I can tolerate. He gets NO more opportunities to speak to me the way he does. He's a narcissistic jerk with nothing better to do than try to show my Dh how pathetic I am. He. an kiss my ever-livid ass, cause he's drawn the last straw. Thank you, thank you! I have plenty to say and I'd have brought it up to Dh last night if he hadn't come home w/ the flu. Blah.
    matobe

Comment by matobe (original poster) at 12:57 PM on May. 17, 2011