What would you do in this not so important situation?

My SO, who is a super sweet guy and rarely asks anything of me, left me a note this morning to pick up a few groceries that we just ran out of. He was sweet about it and even wrote that he loves me very much. He also wrote that it snowed outside and to drive safe.

Well my car is caked in frost and he must have forgotten that he took my ice scraper the other day, so I would have to walk to the store which is only a few blocks away.

I am 30 weeks pregnant and cannot put on my own socks and can only wear slip on shoes. My feet would be VERY cold! We don't have a cab service in our small town.

Would you bare the cold to do the one little chore he asked?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm sure he'll understand if you can't do it. Just explain what happened. There's no need to put you and your baby's health in danger.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• A spatula works pretty good too! If its strong enough... I remember my mom using one cause we use to break hers all the time.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• can you scrape the frost off with something else
    Anonymous

• You can pour warm water over the wind shield and it will melt the snow away. Just pour some water out of your faucet in to a jug and slip o some shoes.
    Anonymous

• if you can get the frost off with something else go if not dont worry about it if he is suoer sweet he will understand im sure he wont want you walking out in the cold
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• If its just a few grocery items, it can't be so important its worth going to any great length to get. You can go when he goes home, and let him stay at home if he wants to.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• ANON, at 12:48... lol, I would not suggest that too much to people. I actually did that last year to a side window. I poured warm water on the frosty window and then suddenly I could see very clearly out that window because it busted out!

I ended up driving home 10 miles in 17 degree weather with a wind chill of god only knows with my drivers side window GONE
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• can you call him on his cell and explain the situation so he can pick up the items on his way home. He probably will understand, but won't appreciate having to go back out in the snow after he comes home from work.

another thought, can you call a frined. Shopping is always more fun with a girlfrined anyway.
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 2:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Are you serious...ALL THAT for??? SOCKS? im 36 weeks and im able to put my socks on..give me a breake I HONESTLY NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER heard someone not being able to put their friggin socks on, GIRL YOU ARE MILKING THIS !!
    Anonymous

• WTF? You can't out your socks on?? Are you the biggest baby in the world or what? I could (and all of my freinds too) put my socks on the day I delivered.
    You need to get a life hun.
    Anonymous