Stressed out about my U/S today :(

So three weeks ago today I had a positive pregnancy test at my doctors office. We were thinking I was around 7 weeks 3 days. My ultrasound today only showed 5 weeks 5 days and there was gestational sac and yolk sac. But no fetal pole. With finding out 3 weeks ago I was pregnant is it even possible that I could even be 5 w 5 d. I mean I am thinking something is going wrong because that would be VERY early to find out your pregnant? I need advice ladies. I am so worried. My beta hcg went from 470 two weeks ago to 4000 something. I didnt think that was that good but the nurse said it was. Not sure what to think at this point. All of these number games and worrying AHHHHHH going crazy

jmgblair10

Asked by jmgblair10 at 12:41 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• your perfectly fine, i found out i was pregnant with an at home pregnancy test when i was barely 3 weeks, but i had missed my period already...when i got my ultrasound, i was 5 weeks 1 day, all we saw was a gestational sack...your HCG levels rise SO fast, so thats normal as well...just got another ultrasound and baby looks great!
    JennShallis

Answer by JennShallis at 12:50 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i was 5 weeks and 4 days when i found out i was pregnant....
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 12:50 PM on May. 16, 2011

• When the U/S is measured, it is ofetn measured from date of conception (around ovulation), not date of last period. Soooo, you could be 7 weeks by your calc, but the sonographer will have you at 5 . . because you actually conceived 5 weeks ago. So, those dates are fine.

Beta increasing like that is expected, and necessary. In the beginning, that number doubles every two days.

I don't know about the absence of the fetal pole . . . . hopefully everything will look normal today.

Good luck !

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:51 PM on May. 16, 2011

• You NEED to call and have your DOC call you back to talk to you!!! Why do they let you leave without giving you some kind of inclination of what is or may be going on is beyond me!! Ugh!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:51 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would call the doctor and make him/her explain to me what's going on until I understand completely, its your body you have a right to know exactly what going on in plain english I always tell them when I go cut the medical terms tell me what you really trying to say, good luck
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 3:13 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Your fine mama! With my DS I found out right around 2 weeks and my SIL also found out that early! Congrats!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:28 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Im trying not to worry. I had a repeat Hcg level done today so I'm trying to stay calm until I get them back!
    jmgblair10

Comment by jmgblair10 (original poster) at 4:18 PM on May. 16, 2011

• If your levels keep climbing, don't worry! The heart starts beating at 5 weeks but there really isn't a specific day that it starts so it could very well show up at 5 weeks, 6 days. Hang in there!
    Acook331

Answer by Acook331 at 11:09 PM on May. 16, 2011

• The exact same thing happened to me. I went in to my first appt. thinking I was 7-8 weeks and they done an ultrasound and said I was only 5 weeks. I was like you, I thought how could that be when I have known I was pregnant for a couple of weeks. I just had a very early positive test and I ovulated really late. I saw the yolk sac and the embryo and they had me come back a week later at 6 weeks to check for heartbeat and there it was. I am now 23 weeks. You are fine! Congrats!!!!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 9:39 AM on May. 17, 2011