If you needed the money to get through nursing school, would you be a pole dancer?

I'm seriously considering working in a gentlemen's club over the summer in order to save up for first, last months rent, security deposit and a moving truck. I'm starting nursing school and need the money to move and live near that school. (Asking this as anonymous for obvious reasons) this is in addition to the $9/hr job that barely pays bills. My child would never know. I do have a decent body. It's only so I can afford to move away to another town. Three months is all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would say go for it!! What an ego booster!! But dont get involved with those guys or the drugs. Totally do it for your goal. Good luck!!
    suechuk

Answer by suechuk at 9:28 PM on May. 17, 2011

• not unless i couldn't find a different 'position'...gentleman's club dancer/stripper/etc would be my absolute last resort..after plasma-donating.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:49 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would run through the store naked if I had the body for it,, LOL! I see nothing wrong with it at all, just be sure you know where your own boundaries are,, and make some tips,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:49 PM on May. 16, 2011

• No. When I was young and stupid I would but now I am a mother and would never do that sort of thing. I can only imagine trying to explain to my teenager why I let men stare at my naked body while I gyrated around acting like I was having sex with a pole.

I have a high school age daughter and it is VERY hard to keep girls on a path of respecting their body... with all the crap in the media, clothing options, and the like it is a HARD thing to raise a daughter now a days.... and I that would make it even harder.

Anonymous

• If I had the body I would. There is nothing wrong with making ends meet. And hey, ego boost much!?? :0) You do what you have to do.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:49 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I was a dancer (although we didn't have poles) when I was younger and had the body. I would do it again if I still had my pre-child body. And I didn't need the money as much as I just enjoyed doing it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:49 PM on May. 16, 2011

• No. Id get pell grants and student loans.

Answer by gemgem at 12:49 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would also if I HAD to and had the body to - I would worry about the type of place, there are good and horrible ones out there - and leaving the club alone would be something to look in to - and also, I hear its harder to even get out of a life style like that so consider all your area's / options on this one
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:50 PM on May. 16, 2011

• and dont think she wont find out... the past ALWAYS comes up.
    Anonymous

• No.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 12:50 PM on May. 16, 2011