Are any of you pantheist ?

tell why if you want.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I practice Buddhism, but my view of God is essentially pantheistic- except that I don't generally use the word 'God' because I think it implies something I'm not meaning. I would be more apt to say the universe or something like that. From the time I was a child, my idea was that what we call God must, essentially, be EVERYTHING. The energy that makes up everything. The ground of being. The essential componants of existance. I could never conceive of anything grander or broader than that... anything else, including a personified deity, just seemed less than that. It's something I can remember being in awe of even as a small child, and the idea of a personified God always raised far more questions than answers to me and never really rang true in my heart. I think we all conceptualize God differently... this was the conceptualization that rang true to me.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:08 PM on May. 16, 2011

• That's not a black and white subject for me. I do believe in a "universal power" that resides in everything. However I also believe in Gods & Goddesses which to me are simply higher beings and do contain that "universal power" just like you and me and plants and stones... But they aren't one in the same.

So technically, no, I'm not. But I do share some basic understandings with Pantheists...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:12 PM on May. 16, 2011