Home decor if you are not a christian and you children and DH are?

If you are not a christian do you hang religious thing up in the house for your children and DH or do you not allow it at all. Im not a christian but I am not atheist either. I live right, I respect others and their religious, etc. but I do not believe i have to answer to anyone. I like the figurines and stuff that the store sell and I allow my family to hang them in the home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm all inclusive. LOL We have a Buddah (sp.) , angel figurines, and a Bast statuette. Even a few dragons around. It's all good.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:15 PM on May. 16, 2011

• We don't practice any religion, or go to church etc.. Therefore we don't hang anything God related in our home. No reason to.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:00 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I am the ONLY pagan witch in the family and we share a house with his mom who is very faithful to God/Jesus. I am surrounded by religious figures and things. However, I have managed to work some of MY stuff in. It's all about compromise.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:03 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Well if your family likes it, and you don't mind, don't see any big deal.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:04 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I am Pagan, my DH is Christian, my children are being raised as neither. We do not have ANY religious icons or symbols in our home for decor. For holidays we will use "neutral" decor that applies to both his and my beliefs. And we don't hide our religious literature, but it's not kept for decor reasons either...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:09 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Nobody in our house is religious, so you're definitely not going to find any decorative crosses or "precious moments" figurines here.

However, if the Hermitage were to call me up and ask if they could send over the original of Da Vinci's 'Madonna Litta' or Rembrandt's 'Return of the Prodigal Son', I really don't think I could turn them down.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 1:36 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I am a Pagan and Dh is Christian.
    I have a lot of Witches' brooms/ Native American dream catchers and other
    NA artifacts thru-out my whole house... I am not one for religious items period,
    I just use what I know looks good around the house... and bc of my decor, my brooms,
    and NA items look the best... and Dh has had no complaints about it...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:36 PM on May. 16, 2011