I know the last few weeks are hard but CASTOR OIL?

I have not been able to understand my girlfriends talking about 'jump starting' their labor. pineapple juice, sex, hot things, nipple playing, and Castor oil.... not to mention a thousand other things. I was not stressed because my daughters due date was a few days away hoping she would come. I was excited but not overly obsessed and i just don't get it? They come eventually, and its not like these girls doctors were saying one more week and were yanking that thing out of you, i just don't get why you would try and rush start a natural process, they weren't even to their due date yet let alone past it. I went in after my due date and they INSISTED on a c section because of my blood pressure but i wasn't in a rush, if they hadn't said my baby could be hurt i would have waited for her to come. . . it just makes me wonder why people are so impatient, kinda shows why Illinois has one of the highest death rates from people trying to 'beat the train' when the rail crosses are down. . . lol people are too rushed now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Castor oil just gives you the squirts.
    Anonymous

• I know when I was preggos everyone was pressuring me to take castor oil, including my MIL. And this was one week before my due date! I don't understand the rush at all, most of the time babies know when they want to come out, even if it is late :)
    siera_lyn

Answer by siera_lyn at 1:40 PM on May. 16, 2011

• castor oil is dangerous and should never be used to jumpstart labor. walking and having sex are okay to try, and try til blue in the face, because as all educated people know, nothing will work anyway unless the body is ready. but atleast walking and sex are natural and good for the body.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:40 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i did it...i was 3 weeks late & refused to go to tho hospital for delivery. I didn't want that ptosis crap..or whatever it is. I had a home birth. Yeah...it made me crap my brains out...but it certainly put me in labor. & i did not poop when the baby was coming out...LOL!

From personal experience, i would not recommend it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:41 PM on May. 16, 2011

• and this is coming from the girl who went 3 weeks past her due date without trying a single thing but walking (husband was deployed or he'd have been used too LOL)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:41 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yea, I am with you on this. what's the hurry? Enjoy being able to sleep.

Answer by louise2 at 1:42 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i walked daily & had sex daily for weeks....nothing was working for me...i tried pineapple, spicy foods, driving over railroad tracks...i did it ALL.

but yeah...i definitely don't recommend it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:45 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I know----I don't understand that either. It seem selfish to force labor---the baby will come when it s ready. I think it is also a "control issue" too.
    My third baby was 10 days overdue when he was born. It was uncomfortbale, I had trouble walking, but I let him arrive when he was ready.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:46 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I was tempted to try castor oil for both my babies to come because I was so uncomfortable that last month! My babies were also late. My 9 lb., 3 oz. baby was only a day late, and my daughter was 5 days late and very low. I was so miserable that I was pretty desperate but didn't end up trying anything but walking with the first baby, and had lots of sex, pineapple, walking and raspberry tea with the second. Obviously, none of it worked!
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 1:50 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I'm not going to lie...I know that I have another 4 weeks to go but I'm MISERABLE and whenever he decides to come, even if it's today lol I will be more then happy...but the key words are whenever HE decides to come...I have no intention of doing anything to force him before he's ready, I know that every day that he stays in there is a day that he NEEDED to be in there...I'm in a rush lol...but I'm also not stupid =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:01 PM on May. 16, 2011