Just need to say this....

I was not raised in a religious home. My parents believed their way and never pushed us to believe their way. I never pursued to learn anything about God or Jesus. I read a little bit of the bible and I have gone to church on and off. Here recently I started going to church regularly at a friends church (non-denominational) because I wanted to learn and become a Christian like my husband and my children love going to church.

Well, I just cant bring or make myself believe all that stuff. I have decided that I can not continue going to church and trying to make myself believe if my heart isn't there with it. I have questions that get answers that lead to more questions and I just cant do it.

I live like I am suppose to and I respect others and treat others how I want to be treated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Bravo?

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 1:59 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Don't feel sad or guilty about this, you can't help your beliefs and you shouldn't change them to fit with others. Everyone has different ideas, and you should do what makes you feel right. If there is a God i'm sure he would ultimately want you to make yourself happy.
    siera_lyn

Answer by siera_lyn at 1:58 PM on May. 16, 2011

• amen sista
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:01 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i still think you can go and be supportive of you family and make friends. you don't have to be "there" if ya know what i mean
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:02 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I too grew up in a home with parents that did not go to church. I went with neighbors some, then as an adult, I went with boyfriends. I decided that it was something important to me. When I started dating my dh, I went every Sunday to his church. We went until our dd was born, then realized it was not the place for us. After visiting a few churches, I met a pastor of a new little church. That meeting changed my life. We go there regularly, have been for 4 years. I recently got saved and will be baptised soon.
    I have done all this because I wanted to, not for my dh or my kids. I am happier than I have ever been. You have to do what feels right for you, don't push it. My parents and sister don't understand us going to church. It took me severaly years to get comfortable with church. I found the right place, and it made all the difference. Maybe you have not found the right place? Good luck to you!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 2:05 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Follow your heart...no harm nor foul in that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:07 PM on May. 16, 2011

• There is no harm in following your heart....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:09 PM on May. 16, 2011

• ok.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:54 PM on May. 16, 2011

• ok and?

Answer by gemgem at 1:56 PM on May. 16, 2011

• So why feel the need to make an anonymous declaration of lack of faith?

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:07 PM on May. 16, 2011