Ans: The skinny on CEO Mom

I, like many, are looking for work at home opportunities. CEO Mom sounded promising, but I could not get a straight answer on WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK for them. After some research I found this quote for what its worth. Hope it is useful to some.

"a representative of Melaleuca, there is a 29$ membership fee that is paid to the company for the right to join and begin earning compensation. Each representative is also asked to commit to purchase a minimum of 50-60$ of product each month. For every person you sign up and who shops, spending at least 50-60$ a month, you earn anywhere from 7-20% commission. In the best-case scenario (20% of 60$) you earn only 12$ on each person. In order to make a modest 2000$ a month income, you will have to have more than 167 people under you consistently buying 50-60$ worth of product at 20% commission each month. Certainly only a few top people will earn a substantial income."

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3219286

This isn't for me, but at least we know a little more.

ochsamom

Asked by ochsamom at 1:54 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• I was with Melaleuca for a while. Til I realized their "green" products are full of crazy chemicals that are NOT GREEN! And they are super expensive! I make my own cleaners and don't see any reason for someone who wants to go green to do it as well.

That said, don't judge ALL home businesses by ONE bad company! I've been with quite a few home businesses, some work well, others don't.

My tip - If you want to work at home find a company that you can get passionate about. Without passion, and motivation NONE of them can work!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:51 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yeah, I never get into those companies where you have to by so much a month. That is just taking away from the money you are earning, if anything.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 2:23 PM on May. 16, 2011

• The way the article you quoted puts a negative tone on it. I have been with Melaleuca for going on 2 years and I love their products. I don't like cleaning with vinegar and water though. This is the next best thing. I did my research when joining up and I found that the products are cheaper then what I used to buy. It really depends what you buy I guess. If Melaleuca sales it, I purchase it from there. You have to think about it, you are purchasing this stuff on a regular basis from the grocery store. It's not adding anything to your budget. What grocery store pays you to shop there? Not Target, Not Walmart, Not Albertson's, Not Sam's, Not Costco, and so on.

As for the commissions, the article makes it sound like you PERSONALLY have to enroll that many people, that's not the case. If you have good business builders that you work with, that can EASILY be done. CONTINUED....
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 3:16 PM on May. 16, 2011

• It takes some learning experiences!! Not going to lie, it takes some time to know when people are serious and when they aren't. I know when I first started, I couldn't tell the difference. There are key actions and words that I have learned with this team that lets me know. I am committed to helping if they are committed to doing the work as well. ;o) If you have a strong enough "Why" on building your business, you will make anything happen. ;o)

I am with Internet CEO Moms and the reason we don't do a presentation through an email, it just takes too long. We do have awesome ways to get people the correct information so they can make educated decisions for themselves. I know most people that go on one of our Webinars, they come off with few questions afterwards. That's why we don't go deep into it. We have no problem telling you who we are with.

I hope this helps clear up things for you some! ;o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 3:36 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Well, with Amway, Monavie, etc.... They all sell those products. We DO NOT sell their products. I wouldn't be doing the business if that was the case. LOL It's just not my personality to go and sell products, throw parties, etc... I value my time to much for all of that.

Like SabrinaMBowen said above, you MUST have passion for the products to have a successful business. If you don't like the products, obviously it's not going to work. The product sells itself. We simply refer families to shop with Melaleuca. Melaleuca handles the rest. It's kind of like referring people to see a movie or a clothing store, etc...

Have you tried to request to view one of our Webinars? You can attend by yourself when you are available and get all of the info.

Did I help clear it up some for you?
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 3:45 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Oh my! I wasn't being smart about it. I was just trying to help you out! I didn't read your comment about it not being for you until after I had responded with my last answer. There was no need for the rudeness!

I wish you the best of luck in your search and MAKE it a great day!
    ~Alyssa

alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 3:51 PM on May. 16, 2011

• All I'm going to say is I've learned that cafemom.com is NOT the place to look for people for a BUSINESS, yes I said BUSINESS, not pyramid. I love when I see direct selling companies being called pyramids.

As for the whole fiasco concerning Melaleuca, they have very strict policies regarding advertising, however as I've recently found out, there are a lot of reps who are very cautious and will not speak up about the company name until you're on a presentation, because they value their business and don't want to get in trouble. Every company wants to protect their name and reputation, and quite frankly many people in direct selling companies violate policy by using company name in advertising.

This article is grossly innacurate and obviously written by somebody who either misunderstood the compensation plan or got it explained to them incorrectly. -Continued-
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 6:50 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Our compensation plan is one of the best I've ever seen.

I'm by no means trying to convince you of this company, just trying to shed some light because I'm pretty tired of seeing negative remarks and untrue statements made about this company.

We're still in hard times. I know plenty of people who are having a heck of a time finding a job and keeping it with all the lay offs and downsizing companies are doing. But guess what? Melaleuca THRIVED even in the worst of a bad economy. What it comes down to is how badly you want to change your financial future. This is with ANY company. Melaleuca and any other direct selling company is one of the best ways to generate an income without spending all your time working your tail off to many someone else rich.

Not everyone will have a great experience, but bad news spreads faster than good. Has anyone ever tried seeking out the POSITIVE in a company?
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 7:03 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yeah I never buy into those pyramid schemes. They're all b/s. THe best way to work from home is to do a legitimate job like transcriptioning. That's what I'm trying to do. It's not a CEO job, but atleast it's honest work where I don't have to blow smoke up people's asses to get them to buy or sell a product that I'm selling. I'm not a sells person.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:02 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I quoted the only thing I could find....Alyssamai, where do you get your good business builders? Please do continue...
    ochsamom

Comment by ochsamom (original poster) at 3:24 PM on May. 16, 2011