Do you rescue animals from you local Animal Shelter?

I have a rescued cat, a rescued Yorkshire Terrier, and a rescued mix breed.

tgeary

Asked by tgeary at 2:11 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Pets

• My oldest dog came through the vet clinic where i worked. She was heading to the shelter after she was checked out but never made it to the shelter. I gotten few of mine through work but have also gone to the shelter. Though I will admit that is rare. Animals usually find me before I even think about going to the shelter.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:15 PM on May. 16, 2011

• all 3 of ours are rescues
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:12 PM on May. 16, 2011

• we rescued a kitten a few months ago... from the shelter right down the street
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:14 PM on May. 16, 2011

• All of my parents dogs were rescued but the puppy I have now I bought from a pet store. And yes I know I will probably get bashed for it but she is the dog my husband and I wanted.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 3:14 PM on May. 16, 2011

• all five of my babies are rescues... including the fish!
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 3:33 PM on May. 16, 2011

• nope but we have brought in a few rescues. my son has allergies & asthma and we aren't even supposed to have the 1 kitty we do. we as a family we enjoy helping save the strays and dropping them off. it MUST be done because it's northern Minnesota and if they don't have a home or hiding place surviving the winter is not so easy.

we visit the local shelter occasionally and ALMOST adopted a dog about 15 mos ago (he attacked my daughter while hubby was doing paperwork)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:14 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Ours are either stray rescues or animal shelter rescues.. I can't bring myself to buy a "breed" when so many out there need help.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:14 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I have one rescued animal, but she's a pain in the ass! lol I love her though.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:15 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Our pets are always rescues or stays we adopted. We also volunteer at the local animal shelter, the kids love it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:29 PM on May. 16, 2011

• no, I'm not really a pet person. We have one cat that was born when my grandmother adopted a stray that happened to be pregnant. And she's 14 years old..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:35 PM on May. 16, 2011