Does this make me look fat?

How may of you ask your SO this and actually want the true answer? If I ask my hubby like does this make me look fat, or how does this look, or do you like my new hair style? I want an honest answer. Do you?

Amber1109

Asked by Amber1109 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I have never once asked that question. I already know the answer and I don't want to hear fluff. I never want my husband to be put on the spot like that. I told him from the beginning that he is to always be straight up with me and not try to boost my ego. If he finds me ugly in any way I want to know about it so I can fix it. I don't need my man straying on me.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I haven't ever asked that question either but generally I mean what I say. If I say I want a gym membership for Christmas, I want a gym membership. So, if I ask "Does this make me look fat?" I had better expect to get an honest answer.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 6:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I will ask if an outfit looks alright, and I know he tells it to me straight. He did when we were dating too. That's one thing I appreciate about him. He won't let me go out looking awful. He's a great shopper, too. He can always find things that fit me even without me there, when I have trouble doing that with my body, right there for trying on.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Unfortunately, there are so many women out there who ask that question when fishing for a compliment. It makes the rest of us get "fluff" or a flat out lie when we ask it. One of my ex's refused to believe me when I told him that I did NOT want a birthday party when I turned 30. He figured I was like "all the other women out there" who say that in order to GET a party.... I tried to warn him that I was serious and he didn't believe me and tried to plan one anyway. I knew that I would fall apart on that day, as birthdays aren't fun for me (or weren't fun at that time in my life), and sure enough I did. He ended up having to cancel the party and was pretty ticked off. But after that, he believed me when I told him something like that.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2008