Too Big For a Stroller

http://toobigforstroller.com/

So what do you think?  How old is too old?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 2:23 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I'm pretty sure that if your legs get in the way of actually pushing the stroller you are too big.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:26 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I figure it's noone's business really. Just by walking past them, you don't know their age, their medical status or anything about the situation honestly. So none of those bothered me. Especially the ones that were possibly at theme parks. Kids legs can start to get really sore. Especially if the parents had them on some 4 day 4 park pass. Ya know?
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 2:30 PM on May. 16, 2011

• its OK to use a wagon? But not a stroller?! The reason with this is?.....
    Yes we have a wagon & a stroller... But the stroller is easier on me & Dh back..
    DD is 4yo & when we visit the zoo we bring her stroller.
    A few weeks ago we took my DD (4.5) and a friends twins (5yo) to the zoo.. we packed them all in 1 of the zoos stroller. 2 in the seat & 1 rode in the "feet" area I guess u would call it. It worked. Kept them all together & no one was complaining about their feet.

Some of these kinds obviously are taking advantage of their little siblings stroller (the stroller was brought for the 2yo, but 7yo brother wants to ride while the 2yo is having his walking time. & we know older siblings can feel "left out" and want to be babied)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:24 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My son is 3-1/2 and I put him in a stroller if we have a long trek ahead of us or if we want to do a 2-3 mile walk he can have a place to sit when he's tired. He also goes in the jogging stroller with me so I have more time with him as I WOH, I have limited time for that or working out - I am combining them until he can learn to ride a bike which he can't yet do without MUCH frustration. I think all parents just do what they can to make their situation work - these could be mom's in NY walking for 15 blocks and have an actual SCHEDULE who can't lounge around at a child pace ALL the time or leave an hour earlier to get there on time - or at a parade where their child DID walk 90% of the time but needed a rest too -maybe they are special needs and can't fully walk ALL of the time.. you just don't know.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:40 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I gotta ask, "Who cares if a kid is riding in a stroller at ANY age?" My son stopped at 5 because he felt like he was then too old. No problems. He isn't fat or lazy, I didn't force him. At 15 now, he still says he sure wish he was too tall for one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:51 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I still put my fouryear old in a jogging stroller with my three year old. Out is the only way I can get any kind of workout. For every day outings neither of them ride in a stroller.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:30 PM on May. 16, 2011

• WOW!

Personally, I don't think there's an "AGE" as much as a size and maturity level. For all you know that kid in the stroller was being punished for some reason. Or maybe he hurt himself - seeing how the smaller child is "helping" push. I have put my oldest in the buggy more than once because he was running crazy in the store. And I have gotten some rather nasty comments over it. But it works. Pictures don't tell stories.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:47 PM on May. 16, 2011

• my 3yr old does occasionally ride in a stroller, usualy if we are going to be walking around for a long time (theme parks, our weekly family walk of about 6 miles, etc), but i always kinda think its not really any ones business if i put my child in a stoller, they are not pushing them, the stoller does not get bigger so it still takes up the same amount of space. i also saw the website and i would definantly have a problem with a stranger taking a picture of my child and then posting it on the internet not only to mock them being in a stoller but to insult my parenting.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 3:02 PM on May. 16, 2011

• if im taking my 4 and a half year old to the zoo, disney world or some kind of theme park i will definitely bring her umbrella stroller. if anyone has a problem with it they can shove it up their ass. i will decide when my kid is too big for her stroller. i can't believe this is even a controversy! damn...
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:48 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I can see both sides of the issue. Admittedly, my first reaction is OMG, make that child walk, but then I realize that I don't know those people/child, and aren't aware of any issues they may have. The issues, could be those of the child (asthma, Autism, juvenile arthritis, etc. none of which are visible issues), or those of the parent (inability to run after a child that likes to take off). I know that I've personally worked with an 8 yo with Autism that we would try to keep in shopping carts etc. when in public to prevent him from hurting (biting mostly) strangers, etc. So I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and not just automatically assume that they are lazy. That said, if there is no valid reason for doing it, those kids need to get off their behinds and walk!
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 2:47 PM on May. 16, 2011