abortion should i or shouldnt i???

the father of my child is going to leave me if i keep it. If i have an abortion he is willing to stay with me. I am 21 and work part time for quiznos. All the facts show i shouldnt keep it, but it kills me to think of killing my child, i am only 7 weeks, but still. what should i do?

tanyaisprego

Asked by tanyaisprego at 1:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you shouldnt! if he wants to leave you for having his baby let him! then go get child support! he needs to grow up and take care of his baby or next time wrap his willy!
    Anonymous

• Do what is right for you, but PLEASE consider adoption before abortion. There are many wonderful parents waiting for a baby. If you can't raise a baby, don't deny someone else the option.

that said, whatever you do DUMP THE BOYFRIEND!!!! Emotional blackmail is not a good basis for a relationship.
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 1:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• You should do what YOU think is right and not what he thinks is right, this is a life, and in my view he is being selfish. If you would feel bad about killing your child I can tell you for a fact that you would regret it afterwards. Good Luck with this though honey, I understand the pressure you're under. Message me if you ever need to chat. Haley.x
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 2:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• First you have to do what is best for YOU. Can you live with having an abortion? I mean there is no taking that back. What about adoption. If you get a chance got on and look for people looking for children. I mean yeah you would have to give your child up. BUT you wouldnt have to live the rest of your life in guilt because of it. I mean adoption isn't for everyone and there are alot of people here that will tell you that 15 years later it still kills them. Talk to the father and see if he would be will to let that happen? If that is something you chose. I'm sorry that you are being put in that situation. It's not fair, and I would hate him for that. But do what is best for you, Good luck!
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• It is ultimately YOUR decision. If you are with someone who gives you an ultimatum like that then you need to disregard his oppinion alltogether and you don't really need to be with him anyway. You need to make a decision FAST though or that baby will be too developed to do it at all. This is a very difficult personal decision you have to make. Only you know what the right thing to do is. My guess is if you have doubts you should probably stay pregnant. You don't want to carry the guilt later.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Why would you be with a man whom wants to kill your child

Its not only HIS child

This is your baby too!
    I would really sit down and think about this your the only one whom has the choice!!!
    He doesnt have a choice in this matter telling you to kill your baby or to keep your baby is all up to you
    and YOU will have to deal with that for the rest of your life,
    It just doesnt go away ...You just never forget, about what happend and what made you or helped you think yes is an easy answer to keep a low life guy!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Please seriously consider what you are thinking of doing. He is a selfish boy and you don't need that in your life. You will hurt yourself (emotionally) if you don't want to have an abortion and you do it for him. Your relationship will never survive. Find organizations and people to help you. I was 21 when I got pregnant with my son. I could not imagine having an abortion. My son's father is a tool, but he didn't ask me to have an abortion, so we tried to stay together. Shortly after my baby was born, I left him. He did not provide for his son and was a drunk moron. I was a single mom for 4 years, but I did okay.
    Answer to be continued...
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• He's not a good man if he gives you an ultimatum like that. Seriously. One of my mom's good friends (this is a bit different) was married to a man who didn't want children. She got pregnant, and he told her if she didn't give the baby up for adoption, the marriage was over. She gave the baby up, and the marriage was still over. 30 years later, she's happily married but has never been able to have another child. She regrets it every day of her life. Don't let that man run your world! If you want your baby, keep your baby. But definitely dump him!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 2:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Like Lexies Mommy said, you would never forget if you had an abortion. Not something to enter lightly. My bf had one, and it will haunt her forever. She is scarred by it.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 2:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Sure there were some really tough times, but I would have encountered them whether I had a child or not. It was a little more of a struggle trying to take care of two of us, but having him gave me the drive and desire to succeed. I took little steps to secure our future. (Sure I filed for child support from his stupid dad, but don't count on that, I never get it)
    It's 9 years later and I met a great guy about 4 years ago that I married. My son gets to live in a nice house and has a room of his own and pets. It was tough getting here, and I had to do it alone for a long time ( I did manage to buy a little house all by myself!!) Things are still tough, but I always have the love of my little boy to get me through it.
    Continued again...
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2008