If you and your husband both love a name would you still use it even if it's really common?

Olivia we love the name Olivia. I love the nicknames Liv and Livvy. I know it's really common right now but would you still use it?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 2:55 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Baby Names

• I have an Abigail.. very common. if you love it use it!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:56 PM on May. 16, 2011

• For sure, who cares if it's common, you two are the ones who have to say it (or yell it) all of the time, being common doesn't really change anything.
    siera_lyn

Answer by siera_lyn at 2:57 PM on May. 16, 2011

• absolutely. My dd's name is quite common and popular. But it really hasn't been a big issue. Use the name you love.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 2:58 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would definitely use it, especially if you both love that name. I LOVE that name too. I have a Benjamin, very common also.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:59 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would. My name is Mary, so you don't get a whole lot more basic and common than that, but I was named after both of my grandmother who were Mary and even though my name is common I don't wish I had a different one. If you love a name I say use it, whether it's common or not.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:59 PM on May. 16, 2011

• If I were you i just use Liv which is scandinavian for protection and life. Olivia is pretty though, its just not for me
    TheSugarComa

Answer by TheSugarComa at 3:00 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Do what you like. There is a benefit to common names. If you go to buy a cup with your child's name you will find it. Too extraordinary is a curse as well, the gift of having to spell out your name a million times to still have everyone spell it wrong.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:01 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Olivia is one of my favorite girl names! If we both loved it then I would definatly use it...we're having a boy but if would have been having a girl her name would be Olivia (Livvy) =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:02 PM on May. 16, 2011

• yes, I would still use it. At the time I named my daughter her name was NOT a common name then by the time she went to school it turned out she their were 2 other girls with the same name. Now, 20 yrs later it is a very common name. If it isn't common as soon as other people hear it and like it it will be a common name.
    Anonymous

• yes, if you love it, use it (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:03 PM on May. 16, 2011