Twins bedtime... How strict are/were you about it?

My twins are almost 5 months old (boy/girl) and the past few weeks its been harder to get them to go to bed at the same time. My daughter apparently needs more sleep than my son. I think its because she is very physical and very go go go and he is very chill. So she exerts more energy and needs more naps and needs to go to bed earlier. Last night my son was clearly not ready to sleep and my daughter was clearly ready to. So I got her down and my husband just wanted to lay our son in his crib. Which for the most part he will sit in there and look at stuff and babble but he does fuss every now and then and we keep having to come in to soothe. So I told my husband to take him out to the living room because he wasn't ready for sleep and he would just fuss and wake her (we were having a hard time getting her down because she was really fussy) and he kinda jumped all over me about schedules. Before we had the kids we read everywhere that schedules are important and all that. I know you've all read the same thing. But have any of you had it to where one doesn't want to go to sleep as early as the other? What did you do? Right now they are both still on different nap schedules too. It seems like one will sleep and the other just doesn't want to have anything to do with sleep. Almost like they have an agreement to have one awake at all times. LOL. I can deal with the different nap schedules because it gives me individual time with each of them and I'm guessing it works for our sitter too. But the different bed time thing I don't really like but at the same time I don't want to make him go to bed if he doesn't want to. Any advice is appreciated. :)

Elise522

Asked by Elise522 at 3:01 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my twins are boy/boy and are 20 months now.. They've always slept different amounts, and I don't try and hold them to the same schedule because theyre way different. they go to sleep different ways and sleep different times, wake up at different times, etc. i would go insane trying to make them do the samething lol i wouldn't sweat it. if he was a singleton you would allow him to sleep however he needed, right?? good luck!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:44 PM on May. 16, 2011