I think my ex has some explaining to do...does anyone think running away from a woman you've never met is normal?

My husband and I split up in November. We've split up before and during our split we dated other people, I'm currently dating someone else and my ex knows this. Today I was running some errands and was near his parents house so I decided to stop over and hang out with them before the kids get out of school - I saw my ex's truck in the driveway but we've managed to be civil so I didn't think anything of it, well he had a woman with him. I walked in and saw him standing in the door way of the kitchen, he stopped talking and just sort of grinned as I walked towards the kitchen. I turned the corner and saw the woman sitting at the table, I was about to say Hi when she got up and practically ran out the back door. My ex and his dad started laughing because their both asses. I looked at my ex and said "What the hell is that about?" He said he had no idea. I asked him what the hell is he telling this poor girl about me to have her so afraid of me that she'd dash out the back door just by seeing me. He claims he hasn't said anything that would make her afraid of me so he's either lying or this chick is a weirdo. I knew she'd have no choice but to go around and stand in the driveway but my ex stopped me from going out there, he even sat around for another 15 minutes before he left while she stood out there the whole time. He was still laughing when he left.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe shes been beat up by a boyfriends ex before and she had flashbacks and just took off,LOL
    Yeah,strange
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:05 PM on May. 16, 2011

• What a dumbass! Lol.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:05 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Maybe she felt like the other woman and was embarrased.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 3:06 PM on May. 16, 2011

• sounds to me like your ex is a prick...I can def understand being on mutual ground with an ex but if i were her and you showed up at his parents house it would have been on and im sure some words would have been exchanged they call it ex for a reason..apparently he has told her bad things otherwise she wouldnt have run..maybe she felt he had done her wrong by you still being welcome at his parents..if i were her i would leave his butt
    Anonymous

• Wow, that is weird. I would just laugh it off and mind my own.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 3:28 PM on May. 16, 2011

• She was probably very embarrassed. I question your wisdom in going over to this house while you are separated and both dating other people. As a parent of grown kids I know I would find it very uncomfortable if my son's ex just dropped by.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 4:23 PM on May. 16, 2011

• lilangilyn- if they have kids together, its great that she feels welcomed in her ex-inlaws house.
    If me & Dh ever split up I think id be more than welcome in his families house still (in reason i didnt cause a horrible divorce somehow).

The girl- thats HILARIOUS! But how bad of him not to go after her or just to laugh at her.
    I remember in Jr high (ya lol) a girl called me crying when she found out she was dating the same guy i was & she was afraid id come after her..Really! (yes i broke up with the guy).
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:50 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Even if he didn't want me at his parents house he couldn't stop me, his family and my family are close friends and his parents and siblings are like a second family to me. Even if things end horribly between me and him I know I will still have a close relationship with his parents and brothers. I hang out with his family more than he does.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:04 AM on May. 17, 2011