About amber teething necklaces...

What's the point of them? Do babies chew on them or does wearing one just supposedly help with pain, or what? I read a blog and the mom has one on her DD all the time but she's never said why, other than she tried it on the recommendation of a friend. My kids are older (youngest is 4) and we didn't use anything for teething.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on May. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• we had a necklace and bracelet combo.. not sure what the actual brand name of them were but they were plastic and i used to wear the necklace and let her chew on the bracelet until it was dropped
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:11 PM on May. 16, 2011

• They are made with amber which ahs been believed for centuries to have healing properties. It is supposed to calm them down and help ease their pain. They are beads individually knotted so that if any pressure is applied, it will break.
    My almost 3 year old wears one and I was amazed at how much it helped. I got it for him when he was getting his 4 back molars. He kept waking up screaming and was a cranky goober all day. It was almost instant that he just went back to being a happy guy once I put it on him, like within a few hours. He also never woke p screaming again. Now, he won't let me take it off. He will chase me around the house and want me to put it back on him.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:15 PM on May. 16, 2011