DD knows where babies come from and has been telling all of her friends!

The hospital! How funny is that?

She is 5 and never bothered to ask where they really come from she just knows her sister was in my belly and I went to the hospital came home and had a baby with me.

She hasn't asked her sister got in my belly but all the kids in her class know they come from hospitals and the teacher sent me a thank you note yesterday! I had to laugh while reading it!

Do your kids know where babies really come from at this age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on May. 16, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Well, DS hasn't asked or shown interest but I'm sure he will when we finally have another one. Honestly, I don't think they need to know exactly where babies come from at that age. I would just say they come from mommy's belly. If he asks how she got in there, I'll simply tell him that it's like planting vegetables. You have to put the tiny seeds in the ground so they can grow and then you pick them. Daddies help mommies put the tiny babies in the mommies bellies so they can grow and when they're big enough, the doctor picks them. Let them find out the gory details when they find out about sex.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 9:30 PM on May. 16, 2011

• So cute! My 4 yr old tells everyone baby sister came from the baby doctor at the hospital. He knows she came out of my tummy though. Sometimes he will say 'when the baby doctor took baby sister out of mommy's belly....'
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 3:09 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My neice thought I had a zipper hidden so they could take my dd out when it was time.

Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 3:13 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My friend just had a baby, and my 4yo ds was a little grossed out by her pregnancy, he kept asking her when the baby was going to crawl out of her!

He asks me to give him a sister (2 of his friends are about to get sisters) and I say I can't right now I need Daddy to come home and help me (he is gone for training) so he says just randomly, in public naturally, "I can't wait for Daddy to come home so he can help you make a baby" it is a mixture of hilarity and embarrassment. At 4, I am just not ready to tell him any more info than that!

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:14 PM on May. 16, 2011

• That's a great story for the baby book or scrap book. Very cute, and now what I was expecting when I clicked on this question. :)
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:20 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yup my boys do. They were both in the delivery room with me!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 4:03 PM on May. 16, 2011

• No,i think most 5 year olds think they come from the hospital! Very Cute story!!
    rebeccjm

Answer by rebeccjm at 10:35 PM on May. 16, 2011