"Is it true that God exists, and if it's true, can we know that it's true?"

I'm currently listening to a 26 minute debate on Immanuel Kant's notion that even if God exists, we can't know that if He does (or even know truth).

If you'd like to listen and then debate the discussion, click here

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 3:07 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Everyone has a right to their own opinions. I have no doubt that God is real and that's all I need to know.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:08 PM on May. 16, 2011

• – collapse
    I dont want to be the one that says hes not and then the end come..so for now til proven other wise im sticking with history
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on May. 16, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I don't believe he is real but the proof is in ones beliefs. Just because you cant see something doesnt mean it isnt real.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:11 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I agree with scout mom!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:12 PM on May. 16, 2011

• FOR ME, I know and believe God has been here with me through this trainwreck of my life that could have been soooo much worse. I've been blessed, when sometimes I don't even feel like I deserve to be. It's like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it, and I know damn well it's there.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:18 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I do not believe in the Christian deity... however.. like mommy of two said, the proof is in one's beliefs.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 4:03 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I don't have time to listen to that debate right now, I will listen to it later. But I will briefly answer. Yes, I believe that we can know for sure if God is real.

I personally know for sure that God is real. He is more real to me than my own mom. It would be easier for someone to convince me that my children don't exist, than to convince me that God doesn't exist. He is more real than the things I can see with my own two eyes.

That is why I feel like it is so important for Christians to make sure they have a relationship with Him. To be aware of His presence daily.

Cool topic.
    beelive

Answer by beelive at 4:44 PM on May. 16, 2011

• The only proof followers need is their belief personally. As far as anything else I do not believe he or she exist.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 5:02 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Just becasue you believe does not make it true, and disbelieve does not necessarily mean it does not exist either. However Kant is right on the notion that we cannot know as it deals with the supernaturl realm and we apparently won't know for certain until we die, anything up to that point is all opinion based beliefs with no evidence to affirm either position beyond doubt. So I'll leave it as a you have your beliefs and I have mine. what is true for you is not true for me thus truth is subjective in terms of supernatural entities.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:18 PM on May. 16, 2011

• "I personally know for sure that God is real. He is more real to me than my own mom. It would be easier for someone to convince me that my children don't exist, than to convince me that God doesn't exist. He is more real than the things I can see with my own two eyes."

I have to ask- Were you raised religious, or did you find religion as an adult? Curious
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:30 PM on May. 16, 2011