Glenn Beck Announces 'Restoring Courage,' Rally In Jerusalem, thoughts?

Glenn Beck Announces 'Restoring Courage,' Rally In Jerusalem Glenn Beck

The Huffington Post  Jack Mirkinson  First Posted: 05/16/11 09:53 AM ET Updated: 05/16/11 02:28 PM ET

Glenn Beck announced on his radio show Monday that he is planning to hold a rally in Jerusalem in August called "Restoring Courage." Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally drew thousands Washington, D.C. in August of 2010, but Beck said that drawing as many to Jerusalem will be more difficult.

Beck went to Israel and Jerusalem last week. He warned his listeners on Monday that he thinks disaster is imminent for Israel, because of a "two state solution that cuts off Jerusalem" from the world.

"God is involved in man's affairs, but so is the force of darkness," Beck continued ominously. "I believe I've been asked to stand in Jerusalem. Many in the history of man have had the opportunity to stand with the Jewish people...and they have failed." He asked listeners to "stand with me, in Jerusalem" in August.

Beck candidly admitted that he didn't know how many people would show up, or how much the event would cost. But he called the rally a "life altering event" and warned that the "very gates of hell" would fight his attempts to hold the rally.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 3:10 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• My thoughts? Beck is free to do what he feels needs to be done. He doesn't speak for me, but I give him credit for speaking his mind. And as liberals, you would think you would give him props too...unless of course you're choosing to be hypocritical....again! :o)

Answer by LoriKeet 13 minutes ago

Sorry. Nobody said he shouldn't speak his mind, we only said we didn't like what his mind had to say. In fact, if we apply your standards it seems like you should be giving all of us "props" since we've all spoken our minds too. 

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:38 PM on May. 16, 2011

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:21 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I've read through this thread, and I tend to agree with LK, Quinn, and others ~ I don't listen to him, but he has the right to say whatever he pleases.

I do wonder though ... the very same people who howl when people say anything against Obama and his words/actions/policies and screech about racism and the same ones who are doing nothing BUT belittling, poking fun at, and outright suggesting that the man needs a shrink instead of a podium.

Actually, I don't wonder. Liberals are definitely hypocritical about things. Everyone is loved, appreciated, and matters ... except ... anyone who doesn't agree with them and high five them for being so brilliant.

For people who are so brilliant, you deserve a livid red F when it comes to grasping the meaning of hypocrite. For that matter, none of you would get much higher than a scraped up D for comprehending freedom of speech.

At least those who diss Obama know/say why.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:08 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Sorry. Nobody said he shouldn't speak his mind, we only said we didn't like what his mind had to say. In fact, if we apply your standards it seems like you should be giving all of us "props" since we've all spoken our minds too.

***
    My response was intended for the OP and the first responder...since I KNOW the reason the OP posted it was to "poke fun" at Beck, and by extension, anyone who likes/agrees with him. You know, painting anyone who doesn't see the world through blinders, like she does, to be a loon! It's just an attempt to ridicule people in the style of Alinsky...so worn out and predictable.

And before the OP starts back peddling, I can find dozens of posts in which she has said plenty of negative things against Beck and those who support him, like it's a bad thing.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:17 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I'm sure we could cherry pick a few Hitler quotes (like we've done before) and find a issues where we see eye to eye, that doesn't mean we've got shared values.

You wouldn't need to cherry pick. He doesn't discuss values in his books. He discusses issues such as debt, why we need term limits and all types of issues I have see supported by liberals on here.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:19 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I don't listen to Beck, but good for him for following his heart and speaking his mind.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:53 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Carpy is right. I don't watch his program, but I do read his books. They are well researched and very informative.

If he wants to hold a rally and people want to come...great.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:23 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Fits you to a T doesn't it SAK?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:24 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Where is our forum canadian? Whats her name? ..She acused Beck of being anti semitic lol..where she got that idea I have no idear!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:28 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Your crystal ball must be cracked

***
    So you're saying I CAN'T find dozens of posts where you have lambasted anyone who supports or agrees with Beck?! You have a reputation on here, SAK....and it isn't exactly a positive one, and least by those who don;t hang on your every word! LOL :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:38 PM on May. 16, 2011