Computer guru's

I recently connected my dd to the internet...under supervision. But I know that I can not be there all the time. Does anyone know how I can set up parental controls so she can only go to approved websites??

Also does anyone know of good educational/fun websites appropriate for an 8 year old? She loves Jumpstart.com. Are there others?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 3:18 PM on May. 16, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• What browser and operating systems do you use?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:22 PM on May. 16, 2011

• As far as websites, try going to a website for whatever TV channel she might like to watch. I know it's a bit of an age difference, but my 2 yr old love Nick Jr website, it's got a ton of games and videos. Maybe Disney or another Nickolodeon site?
    siera_lyn

Answer by siera_lyn at 3:26 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Here is a website that describes LOTS of places for young girls to explore the 'net. You will want to go through it first, though, because some are sites with more academic discussions of girls and the internet.

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~korenman/wmst/links_girls.html

jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:53 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Your computer should have some kind of parental control under security in the control panel....
    rebeccjm

Answer by rebeccjm at 10:34 PM on May. 16, 2011

• pbs kids,disney,
    critter_boo

Answer by critter_boo at 12:16 PM on May. 17, 2011

• i have account security settings and an account showing my babies it will only log onto kidzui this was after my ss was googling sex movies and looking at them
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 7:08 PM on May. 21, 2011