Can you put YOUR socks on?

Im 36 weeks along and I CAN,

i HAVE heard mothers complain that they cannot ?
Why can't they???

I also had 18 neices and nephews 3 SIL's 4 sisters, They ALL could get theirselves dressed!
and put their socks on,?

WHO CANT ACTUALLY PUT THEIR DARN SOCKS ON ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 18 nieces and nephews?! Wow!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Sometimes with swollen belly and ankles. It gets difficult to do self help tasks.... I could put my own socks even towards the end but I must say it was not a pleasant task. Thank God the babies are out of me now.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I know that you are referring to my posts. I cannot put my own socks on. The reason being is that this pregnancy has caused me to dislocate both hip sockets more than once. I could put on my own socks if I tried hard enough but at the risk of an ambulance ride to the hospital and extreme pain.

I have been off of work since mostly due to this. I am on short term disability. So NO I cannot put on my own damn socks.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Ohhh and I am also a nurse and even though I am not an OB nurse, I still had to go through a long OB clinical rotation back in school.

I have come across many women who could not put their own socks on or tie their shoes. Some people had a short torso and long legs. Some people just had a short torso and there was no way of reaching past the big belly.

Others had severe pelvic pain and limited range of motion because of it. Some would become incontinent if they even tried.

Get off your high horse and open your eyes to the real world.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Well said girlneffy!!!!

I could put socks on(but live in desert heat so usually didnt bother LOL).

However, Im not stupid and arrogant enough to think that because I did everyone should as well. Everyone is built differently, everyone carries their pregnancies differently.

Just the way the world works even if you have 5 trillion relatives who didnt have the problem.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• My belly gets in the way most of the time unless I'm sitting indian-style on my bed. Then I can mess with my feet all I want. But it's horribly uncomfortable for me to bend over when I'm standing or sitting on the couch. I haven't been able to lift my foot above my calf since about week 30 (I'm 38 weeks now) because of the horrible pelvic and hip pain. Blah.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2008