When will I get back to normal?

I just had my fist baby october17, I am an emotional wreck and am SO mean to my husband! I don't know if it is because I am young or because of having the baby?

giannasmama87

Asked by giannasmama87 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• your hormones are still out of wack.. and it could be a combination of both!! everyone handles a new baby differently and everyone gets different amounts of sleepbc of the baby. i was fortunate enough that my son slept all night at 4 weeks.. if your baby isn't and your tired.. i'm always mean when i'm tired haha.. =) give it time.. your hormones will get back to normal and you'll getmore sleep...
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Talk to your doctor about it they can give you better information. Research the symptoms of the BABY BLUES and POST PARTUM DEPRESSION on the internet and see if you can determine if you have one of those.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 3:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Yea... discuss it with your doctor.... I was the same way after I had my son... take it easy and take more time for yourself without the baby and your SO... don't beat yourself up, also talk with your SO... tell him how you are feeling....get plenty of rest... good luck!
    bun-n-ma-oven

Answer by bun-n-ma-oven at 3:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Hormones are a bitch!!! You could be suffering from PPD, which is very likely considering you realize you're being awful but still can't control the feelings. Do you feel anxious, and just generally annoyed when he talks to you....for a reason you can't really figure out. Do you just wanna be left alone and tune in to anything but him?

I would definitely suggest talking to your doctor. If nothing else he can put you on some safe medication to help you get through this rough time. That way you aren't putting your little family through hell and just feeling worse and worse because you know you are but can't stop it.

((((HUGS)))
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2008