As a mother, do you see yourself as 1) along for the ride; 2) a leader; 3) a chauffeur; 4) a follower. Please choose the ONE that best resonates with you.

I would love to hear your reasons for selection as well. THANKS!

Reneek1973

Asked by Reneek1973 at 3:25 PM on May. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• all of the above
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:26 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would have to say all of the above (If I can lol) different days/situation call for me to be in different roles!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:26 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i would say a leader and a chauffeur. (the chauffeur because i would never take the backseat to any decisions in my children/grandchildrens lives... and the leader because i want to make sure that the decisions that i make are good examples for my children and grandchildren to follow.
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 3:30 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My job as mom is the leader.

Sometimes the leader is along for the ride, but if it was a dangerous or inappropriate ride we wouldn't be on it.
    Sometimes the leader is the chauffeur, but if the destination isn't somewhere I think we need to go my keys stay on the rack.
    Sometimes the leader is paradoxically the follower, but that's because we are leading someone who needs us to spot them from behind and go with the leadership we've provided in how we've trained them so far.

Being a leader doesn't mean I always get my way. Being a leader isn't always fun. Being a leader sure as heck isn't always easy.

But I'm a mom. And being a leader is my job.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 3:30 PM on May. 16, 2011

• All of the above. A mom has to be a little bit of everything to her family.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 3:34 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I have been number 2 and three, but never a follower or someone along for they ride......

Answer by older at 3:36 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Definitely all of the above.

There are times when a mother needs to be the leader and sometimes she needs to be the follower. Sometimes I'm just along for the ride enjoying things as they come and sometimes I'm pulling my hair out because I have to drive DD here and there and here and there and she needed to be somewhere 10 minutes before we can even leave where we are........!! LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:39 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I have been a Leader and a Chaffeur. Actually ...Role Model and counselor. :-)
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:41 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Along for the ride lol...Everyday I'm just learning as I go, I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm just trying to make the best decisions that I can...everyday is a learning experience...so yeah...I'm just along for the ride =) Great question
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:49 PM on May. 16, 2011

• can't do just one. 1,2, and 3 fit me....
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:56 PM on May. 16, 2011