Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*sigh* so my mom stole money from me and my ID!

my question is, in the state of Indiana do I report my ID lost or stolen? i dnt think she can pass for 20 anymore, shes got like 50+lbs on me, and this might be a bad thing but in Hammond the cops will know she isnt me. ugh idk what i should do. yes my mom is a POS. she doesnt care i have a 4month old daughter and has been stealing hundreds of $$ from me since i had her! cant kick her out its my grandpas house and hes been in the hospital.

and see from me trying to keep her druggie ass away from my little Family the Hammond police said if i call the cops one more time their going to file a complaint of ordinance and well have to leave the house even though my grandpa owns this property they will take it!

Answer Question

Asked by Rachelxbby at 3:26 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

Level 18 (6,158 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • i think if you report it stolen they might want to see a police report. if you want to do it that way and let the police know who you think did it. how is she stealing money from you and your husband? how sick is your grandfather, maybe you can have him sign a power of attorney so that you can make legal decisions on his behalf so that way you can kick your mother out and order a no trespassing order on her. I'm from hammond myself, that sucks that the police would do that to you. if none of that works maybe you should find a place of your own.

    Answer by lucky35 at 3:32 PM on May. 16, 2011

  • its to the point i think we should leave then if he comes home things wont be okay for him...

    Comment by Rachelxbby (original poster) at 3:33 PM on May. 16, 2011

  • Is she stealing from your grandfather, too? You can call and file and elder abuse report. They might be able to help get her out by pressing charges on behalf of the state.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:41 PM on May. 16, 2011

  • shes already got one of those hes in the hospital from burning his-self because he was trying to cook when she got a attitude with him about it and he was hungry...

    Comment by Rachelxbby (original poster) at 3:46 PM on May. 16, 2011

  • Im trying really hard to understand this........she had an attitude about him cooking cuz he was hungry so he burned himself and thats why he was in the hospital? but yes, do go up to the police department and file a report about your money and id.

    Answer by shortycmlb at 3:51 PM on May. 16, 2011

  • he wanted her to cook n she wouldnt

    Comment by Rachelxbby (original poster) at 3:54 PM on May. 16, 2011

  • So, if there is already a case opened . . . call the case manager. Finicial abuse of an elder is gainst the law. Call and find out what they are going to do to protect your grandpa.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:57 PM on May. 16, 2011

  • I would move away from so lucky i have good parents! i used 2 get aggravated bc of this or that. they arent the greatest but neither 1 would steal from me my BF or my unborn child!!

    Answer by Heather021287 at 4:24 PM on May. 16, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.