Do you believe every baby happens for a reason?

I usually hear this in a bad situation. Either from an affair or a one night stand and I've even heard it before when the baby was conceived from a sexual assault.

Depending on who is saying it, sometimes I wonder if it's used to make the woman feel better about her situation.

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My child gave me the strength to leave her abusive father.

But I can't say that every baby happens for a reason. What of the women who die in childbirth? Or the children who die from abuse and neglect?
    Anonymous

• Yes I do! :)
    jennbeer

Answer by jennbeer at 3:33 PM on May. 16, 2011

• every baby happens for a reason I believe that 100%
    stormey_wagner

Answer by stormey_wagner at 3:37 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I do believe that every baby happens for a reason. Mine was unexpected and she is the best thing that happened to us.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:35 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I do too!!

Answer by older at 3:35 PM on May. 16, 2011

• In the case of our DD, absolutely. It is a long story but let's just say if I kept going at the speed I was at bythe time I thought we were "ready" to have a family I might have been too old :)
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 3:36 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yes i do! Shoot all my kids were unexpected lol but idk where i would be w/o them....they are the best thing that ever happed to me. Even my little one that didn't make it
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 3:38 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Everything happens for a reason.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 3:38 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yeah I do.I believe that every baby is here for a reason and that that baby is meant to do something to change the world no one else can do.
    Mrs.Hilton

Answer by Mrs.Hilton at 3:45 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I think so. In some cases, I think it's like a second chance for the parents. Like the ultimate judge of character, or test of love and life. Before I got pregnant with my son, I had no direction. I was working full time and partying twice as hard. I admittingly became a textbook binge drinker/alcoholic. I basically went out every night, got wasted, stumbled home, went to work the next day and did it all over again the followin evening. I still say that boy saved my life because the moment i found out, I stopped everything cold turkey. Threw my full pack of cigarettes in the dumpster and gave away the beer i had left in the fridge and never looked back.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 3:48 PM on May. 16, 2011