I have always been confused by this... (Chiristianity)

I was always taught God has a plan for everyone. A perfect plan.
I was also always taught that God allows us to make choices.
So I was taught predestination AND free will

Does this mean not everyone completes God's Perfect Plan or does God plan change based on your choices or is one or both statements wrong... What is YOUR opinion?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 3:39 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• His perfect plan is not always the path you choose with your free will.
    Anonymous

• He has a perfect plan for you and everyone he created. He gave us free will. If we turn from him and deny his existence then his perfect plan is not in play so to speak, your plan is.

Answer by gemgem at 3:42 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I think that God's perfect plan comes true eventually but some of us have to stumble along the way.

Answer by older at 3:43 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I believe that God has a perfect plan for all of us and if we follow Him, we will follow His plan. However, our free will allows us to make our own decisions and that may mean that we choose to lead our lives in a way that isn't His plan. I also believe it's never too late to get back onto the path of His plan.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:43 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I'm not Christian - as you know - but I believe in both predestination AND free will. I believe we each have a predestined purpose but anything beyond that purpose is up to us. Which is where I believe "miracles" and "luck" come in to play...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:44 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Its like when you observe your kids. There are things you know they are going to do, based on the fact that all kids do it, or based on their personalities. Yet, they may surprise you.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:45 PM on May. 16, 2011

• There is:
    1.) God's Perfect Will-- His plan for you that you will walk in as you seek Him and walk in obedience
    2.) God's Permissive Will--What He allows you to do, it is not His perfect plan for you.

If you choose option 2 you will miss out on option 1. If you ever decide you want to get back to option 1, you can pray and He can use the mistakes of your past to fit into His perfect plan for your future. You will have missed out on some blessings that you could have had in the past, but you are choosing to take hold of new blessings in the future.

God is good and He can work all things for good.
    beelive

Answer by beelive at 3:57 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I believe that God has a perfect plan for everyones lives. However, it is our choice to seek out and follow that plan or to turn from it. I think of it more as a blueprint and our life choices as modifications...does that make sense?
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 4:09 PM on May. 16, 2011

• God has a plan for us, but we are free to muck it up if we like.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:19 PM on May. 16, 2011

• If you make a plan for someone and it is absolute in perfection then change would not be needed. Yes, change happens but it is usually to make something better or worse. It just depends on the situation. I was taught the same thing and I do not see how it fits
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 4:57 PM on May. 16, 2011