Anyone in the Airforce with Kids?

I am 22 and I have two little girls under 2. There father and I are together but we are not married. What does that mean for us when if I join the airforce? Can we stay on base or will I need to be married to do so? Is there a possibility that I get stationed somewhere other than my home town? How is the expirence over all? I really want to join some type of service and Im really thinking that airforce is the way to go.

moodymommy193

Asked by moodymommy193 at 3:39 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• I think that you would be allowed to live on base seeing as you have two dependent children. I do not know for sure. I know that your bf would not be allowed to live in housing with you unless you are married. It is very likely that you will not be stationed anywhere near your home town. You go where ever the needs of the military take you. They do not even take into account your home town when giving you orders. You will have to have a family care plan set up for your little ones if you were to deploy. I was in the Navy and my husband still is. It takes a very strong person to leave their little ones, and also a strong support network to know that they are being cared for while you are away. Just be prepared to be away from them for months at a time. That to me is the biggest negative and why I got out. I would figure out what type of job that you want and then explore the different branches.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:45 PM on May. 16, 2011

• The pp is right. They send you away to basic training then i think you get a leave before you get sent to tech school. That's what happened with my parents.
    tattooedmama126

Answer by tattooedmama126 at 3:55 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I believe that it would be allowed, but they would not accommodate your staying. While we were looking into it, we would have had to live off base at a discounted price is all, but we would have still been together... but, we got married and he never went for some stupid fault of the military.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 4:02 PM on May. 16, 2011