Did you plan?...

When you named your child wasit the name you had always planned to name him or her or was it something you never even thought you'd name your kid? How did you choose your baby/kids name(S)?

I never thought I would name my daughter Lacie till the last month or two when I was looking through a baby name book. When I was younger, me and my friends would
talk about what we would name our baby I always liked Jasmin but it wouldn't have fit her.

Lizzie32390

Asked by Lizzie32390 at 2:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Nope I always wanted to call my first boy Noah and I have 3 little boys now, called Aiden, Ciaran & Alexander. So safe to say none were like Noah.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 2:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I was due with my son on March 14th. I was really hoping he would arrive on March 17th, St. Patrick's Day. We had picked out the first names Kevin or Aidan, but were not sure about a middle name. My son was born on March 17th after all, so his middle name is Patrick and first name is Kevin. I just liked the way it sounded... Kevin Patrick. Also at the time there were so many little boys being named Aidan that I didn't want him to be one of 5 Aidan's in his class.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I only had a name picked out for a girl when I was younger I have a son now. I thought it was much harder to pick out a name for a boy. The name we chose was just a name that came to my head. His middle name I got out of a book I read. If I have a daughter, I have a name picked out already. It is not the same name that I wanted when I was younger.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 2:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• well i always wanted 2 name my dd jewles or something but when i got with my bf bf we even knew i was prego he thought of the name kurstin which is prononce cure-stin but when i had her she didn't fit the name i always wanted so we named her kurstin
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• My son is named Alan, in honor of my dad, Alfred (I was thankfully forbidden from using dad's name) who passed away only weeks after I found out I was pregnant. So, no, I never thought I would be nameing my child in honor of my dad since I had always thought he would be here to be "Poppa Al"
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 2:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I always wanted to name my son Jordan or Andrew.But by the time I got pregnant there was already a cousin and nephew with those names.So I named my baby Kade....which I fell in love with the moment I heard it.
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 2:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Antonio? Haha...My SO liked the name but I didn't care for it at the time. I wanted either Benjamin or Jackson but when he was born, he looked nothing like those names. Needless to say, he's an Antonio with all that dark hair and big dark eyes. His middle name Isaac, I picked it. I liked it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Well, I'd always liked the name Jossalyn, but I never considered naming a child that. My favorite girl name has always been Aislynn, but my boyfriend liked Jossalyn more (we got the name from A Knight's Tale). So he's agreed that the next girl will be Aislynn, and this first girl is Jossalyn, haha.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I had names picked out since I was a teen, but hubby didn't like them, so we didn't use them.
    For dd's middle name though, I wanted to give her the same as mine and I'm still not sure what happened. I blame the drugs (but couldn't have done it w/o them) and she got a crappy middle name. I just let hubby name our son.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• When I was in high school I had friends with boy friends with plain names like frank and steve...some more dorky than others...but you know the kind...like the names you see on work shirts...you never see Blake on a mechanics shirt.
    So anyway I swore I would never name my kids plain "worker" names.
    My sons are Joe, Will, and Jack...so you see I really stuck to my guns lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2008