What's the next best thing to the boddy bugg

Right now I can't affored the body bugg and the membership that goes with it.

I've looked at other calories countes ones that go on a the wrist and then some that have a chest strip. (Heard those are just as good as body bugg). I don't want to waste money on something that's not going to work. Also, should it be able to input my age, weight, height and such too.

Is it better to get one that goes on the wrist with or without the chest strip. I know that no matter what kind even the body bugg it's not always 100% on the counts and such.

Thank you

red_head_mommy2

Asked by red_head_mommy2 at 3:43 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I think the only other option is a heart rate monitor, but that can't be worn all day and accurately count your heart rate and calorie burn. It is only really meant for during exercise.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:54 PM on May. 16, 2011

• The HRM with a strap is the next "best" option. I have the New Balance 4 for Women...The watch is not bad looking, it keeps time, heart rate, calorie burn, saves up to 9 workouts...
    Cons: I also wear a Body Bugg ( which I love- sadly my subscription expires in 2 weeks...:-( ) There is a huge calorie difference between the two.
    For instance, I did P90X this morning for an hour- Plyometrics ( jump training). My HRM says I burned 328 calories and my BB says I burned 238 calories...HUGE difference. I lean more towards the bugg since I wear it 24/7 and I also know that as a runner when I run 4.5 miles at 6 mph- 6.5 mph I only burn about 400 calories... I don't see me burning 328 calories doing P90X when I only weigh 110 lbs when it is less of a cardio workout.
    There are pros and cons to any HRM though..that is just my experience.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:42 AM on May. 17, 2011