What is the best way to grieve?

I am grieving the loss of two, very close relationships. I know that it will take time, but is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Don't deny your grief and give it time to heal. Speeding up the healing process can easily lead to things creeping up in the future to put you back into the grieving stage. Good luck to you!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:47 PM on May. 16, 2011

• However is right for you. Nobody else can tell you the right way for you to personally grieve.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:47 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Do something for someone else. It could be just a random act of kindness or it could be for someone else who is also grieving some loss. In planning what you will do, you will occupy your mind with something other than your own loss; and there is nothing that brings greater joy than doing something for someone else without any thought of being repaid. The more you think of others, the less you will think about yourself and your own problems. It really does work. It's how I've coped with many losses in my own life.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:49 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i grieve by putting all my energy into something. either that's working out, an extra load of classes, work or my kids.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 3:58 PM on May. 16, 2011

• "Speeding it up" is swallowing/ignoring your emotions and I have been told that is not healthy (mentally or physically) for you.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:02 PM on May. 16, 2011