Itchy Bottom adult content

My 4 year old sons bottom keeps itching him. He recently had a rash (he was wiping by himself and it was clearly too early) but it's cleared up and I have been wiping for him. What can I do for this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I say that you should just put a thin layer of A&D or Vaseline on there just as a barrier to prevent any itching or moisture irritations. GL.

Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:30 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Could be a yeast infection as well, if it persists. Practice and teach good wiping habits ( i know you know, just had to say), avoid high sugary foods for awhile, and have him 'air out' his bottom once a day or so.

IMO skip the wet wipes as excess moisture in the area can contribute to rashes and itching (which is also why I suggested the air part)
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:54 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Use diaper rash ointment just like you did when he was a baby. My daughter went through this for awhile until she learned to wipe properly.
    Anonymous

• I did use diaper rash cream when he had the rash and it treated it. I was more looking for an answer for the actual itching.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:51 PM on May. 16, 2011

• get the flushable wipes, that helps
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:53 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I agree with above posters:)
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 6:34 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Do you still use powder down there after showers or baths? That should help reduce irritation which will lead to itching.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:20 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would start using wipes again. At least until he's able to get past the itchiness.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:12 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Thanks Guys!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:25 AM on May. 17, 2011