POSITIVE c-section experiences

I know, I know everyone seems to have a horror stories. But who else had a good c-section or that the c-section was the best part of a long labor?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 3:46 PM on May. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• I had two c-sections and they are NOT that bad!!! People love to tell horror stories! Is it painful afterwards, yes! But it's major surgery. Honestly its nothing. The first few days are a little rough but then you'll be recovered in no time.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:47 PM on May. 16, 2011

• The best part of my c-section was that it was the reason my daughter survived. Other than that, there was absolutely NOTHING good about it. Of course, my first was a vaginal delivery so I had that to compare it to but I've often said I'd rather go through 10 vaginal deliveries than even 1 c-section, knowing what I know now.
    Anonymous

• I can tell you I had a smooth recovery from my c-section. I wish I could tell you I'm glad I had one, but I wish I could've avoided it. I'm glad it was available, because it saved my son's life- his heart stopped while I was pushing. His cord was wrapped around his torso, through his legs and over his shoulder, so the compression through the birth canal was cutting off his blood supply.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:48 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i had a section 15mnths ago i was petrified to have one but in the end i think i liked it alot more than the fact of having to push a baby outta my lou lou...i didnt have any complications and healed rather quickly..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 3:49 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I had 2 -c-sec. The first was an Emergency after 36 or so hours of labor and 4 of pushing. His head was stuck in the birth canal face up. When they tole me I could push for one more hour or get a c-sec now. My first question was. Will the come out if I keep pushing? The doctor said no but that she was not confident about leaving his head stuck for much longer than that so I did the section. I hurt like hell when it was over from the surgery and the pushing but I was fine and most importantly so was my son. Neither of us had any lasting effects, though I did have some bleeding issues, so I consider that a success. DD was a scheduled c-sec at my doctors recommendation but my choice once it was discovered she to was face up. Her c-sec was a breeze. I wasn't super painful and we were both healthy with no complications at all.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:51 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Anonymous I think she was trying to avoid the horror stories!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:52 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I have had three c-sections. My first was an unplanned after being induced and that not working. I did not have any problems with any of them. I was the most sore after the first one. But by the third one I knew what to expect and it was not bad at all. If you would get one, I would recommend consdering a binding. I know that not all hospitals give them out but that helped out a lot after my first one. I hope this helps a little.
    sadiesmom519

Answer by sadiesmom519 at 3:54 PM on May. 16, 2011

• It's ok that you feel that way Anonymous but to be honest all of the complications I did have were from my trial of labor not my c-section. But since you've had one go so well I can understand why you'd feel that way.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 4:00 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I wasn't expecting a c-section but my son was breeched and wouldn't turn. But over all, it went quickly, he came out perfectly and it was not a bad experience.
    prettypaper

Answer by prettypaper at 4:04 PM on May. 16, 2011

• As far as I'm concerned the only truly wonderful thing about labor and/or C-section is the healthy baby that comes out of it, the rest of it is just a means to an end for me lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:07 PM on May. 16, 2011