can kids sense a pregnancy?

my fiance and i are trying ttc and we already have a 2 year old and i feel like i might be pg but i still have a couple of days till af. but my daughter has been acting really clingy and atention seeking lately, and she is never like this. so is it possible that she can sense that i am pg?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• i think kids can sence that u are prego because they want 2 be all over u and ur tummy
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i think so
    LisaAnnPonce

Answer by LisaAnnPonce at 2:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Dogs maybe.. children.. I'm not to sure.
    When i was pregnant with my youngest my 4 year old was oblivious. It might only work for kids under 2...
    Or.. your 2 year old just feels like something is going on and is clingy becasue she's nervous. I'm not sure.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 2:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I have never thought about that, but my daughter is going to be 2 in February and it would be really cool if she could just tell. :D I think she's pretty oblivious to most things though lol
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 3:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• THEY CAN SENSE IT... WHEN I WAS TRYING TO GET PREGNANT I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I WAS PREGNANT YET.. BUT MY 3 YEAR OLD KEPT ASKING ME: " ARE YOU PREGNANT"? IT WAS WEIRD. THAN A COUPLE WEEKS LATER I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT.. THEY CAN ALSO SENSE THE SEX.. BUT WHO KNOWS IT COULD BE A MYTH... BUT WHEN I WAS GONNA HAVE MY ULTRASOUND DONE. I ASKED MY SON WHAT I WAS GONNA HAVE AND HE SAID A GIRL AND IT IS A GIRL. SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY SISTER. BUT WHO KNOWS
    LATINMOMMY2008

Answer by LATINMOMMY2008 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• my niece keep telling me i have to go to the Dr and i just was like ok i told me hubby about it and we went to the store and again in front of said i have to go to the Dr and he ask her why she said babies and went and i was pregnant with twins i don't know how she knew she was only 4 years old
    Anonymous

• my two year old knew i was having a girl! When I told the ultrasound tech she said once she had a couple in and their 3 year old was with them. Right before they started they asked him if it was a boy or a girl. He said, One of each! They laughed until the ultrasound started and they found out they were having twins and sure enough it was a boy and a girl!!!!
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• When my sister became pregnant with her second, she wasn't aware she was pregnant. Well, one day her son (he was 8 then) came up to her and hugged her and said that he heard that baby in her belly..she was like "what? theres no baby in there." he kept saying he heard the baby. ...went to the doc..yup. pregnant.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I believe so! Because I went to a christmas party today. My fiance and I are trying to get pregnant. And this 17 month old little girl came over to me and didn't even know me and put her arms up for me. It was a wonderful feeling. :) and she let me hold her. The mom said I remind her of her teacher Katie. Hehe seems odd to me. But maybe. :) I think I have a very high chance. I have been trying for 2 months now. :) I really am hopeful! Please pray for me. I really can't wait! I am thrilled. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• OMG! That would explain so much with my son! He has been very clingy, to only me. And the other day he laid with his head on my belly for a long time (he never sits still). I really hope that is what is going on with him. Tomorrow would be the earliest day for me to test but DH is out of town :( He may be back as early as tomorrow or as late as Wed. The wait is killing me! GL and baby dust to all!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Dec. 7, 2008