How do you manage having your baby and DH away for a while?

They have been gone for 2 weeks and sometimes it physically hurts. One more week before they return. Thank God for Skype!

babytriana

Asked by babytriana at 4:02 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Travel

• Hubs never been nice enough to take the kids away for 3 weeks LOL. Nah when son was a baby he was sick and we had to fly out to San Fransisco every 2-6 weeks, usually it was me taking our son, but every now and again I would need a break so hub would take him. That would be the longest 3 days of my LIFE lol and we didnt' have cell phones or computers back then.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:05 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't be able to leave my little ones. I am kind of used to my hubby leaving with the Navy but my little ones I couldn't do. Hang in there, try to keep busy and just count down the days
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:06 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Oh my goodness, 3 weeks?? I was itching after a week! How old is the LO?
    DH and DS went to Hawaii for a week with my in-laws (I was taking a summer class I really needed, so I couldn't get away). Yes, Skype is the BEST thing ever! I was very distracted with my class, so it was good for that, but it was definitely hard having them gone. I tried doing the things I couldn't with them there- sleep in, bought flowers and put them at kid-height (would never do that with a toddler!), read, watched MY stuff on TV, ate stuff DH hates, etc. Make the most of the time so you can enjoy it!
    Hang in there, mama, your loves will be home soon! Hugs!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:06 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Thank you all! They went to Spain to meet my husband's side of the family. As musicpisces I've just started a program at school I can't miss. I've been counting the days since day 1. She's barely 1 year old.
    babytriana

Comment by babytriana (original poster) at 4:17 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I have no advice for you, but sending lots of hugs!! DD is almost three and the longest I have ever been away is a day and a half! My parents want to take her on vacation in August for a week and I told them they were crazy! LOL
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:27 PM on May. 16, 2011