Who here is into genealogy?

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 4:04 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My dh is. His family is from Ireland.He signed up for that Ancestry.com. What he found on there he already knew. He is wanting to hire a geneoligist, that gets into money there though.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 4:06 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Husband and I are obsessed with it... Sending for certificates on a weekly basis. Just last year we went to England to search graveyards and for parish records.

It's like a jigsaw puzzle with time as the borders...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 4:10 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i have traced my family back 11 gebnerations to the first one who came over in 1680
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 4:16 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Mine is a hobby, but I would love to have the money to get more official records (and join the DAR).

I think it is really interesting to see things like my fathers great-great-great-great (forget the # of generations) grandfather that came on the second ship to Jamestown as the perfumer, or my mother's great-great-etc--uncle that was the first governor of North Carolina. I think it's cool to see where family trees branches intertwine - not in an incestuous way, at all of redundant bloodlines, just siblings marrying cousins, or things like that.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 4:28 PM on May. 16, 2011

• MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *jumps up and down**.....um and DAR made me cry a little when they said "We think you misunderstood...you have to have a relative in the war."
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:09 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Me too. I have 2 cousins who have been working on tracing our family for past 2 years. It is very time consuming, but so rewarding.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:11 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I would love to get into this but I have no idea where to start and right now I dont have the money to spend on this either. Maybe someday I will do this.
    kirstenvargo

Answer by kirstenvargo at 8:55 PM on May. 23, 2011