How do I go about re-entering the dating world?

I haven't dated in almost 2 years. I have a 1 year old baby, I have 3 older kids, I feel a lot less pretty than I used to...but I'm starting to wish I could find someone who could love me and the kids, and be a good role model for the kids...but maybe I should wait? I don't know. Someone help me!!

mamasinpajamas

Asked by mamasinpajamas at 4:07 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• If and when you start dating, you better 1st find a way to boost your self confidence up otherwise you will end up with loosers and secondly, your children should play NO part in your dating life what so ever. If you have been dating a guy a while and it's serious and a healthy relationship, then it's time to involve the kids,
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:09 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My mom told me that love finds you when you're not looking for it. Do you go to church? Is there a social group or activity you would be interested in joining? Making friends is the first step. Try to make friends with people that have the same interests as you do. Look in your local paper or at meetup on the internet and see what kind of meetings are available. You just might get lucky.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 4:12 PM on May. 16, 2011

• You just have to get your feet wet. I got on dating sites. I always met someone after emailing them for awhile. You can weed out a lot of the kooks that way. Then I would meet them in a very public area in the daylight, like Starbucks or a crowded restaurant. Then after meeting I would give my phone number, but only if I thought they were OK. I met my husband this way through relationships.com. Our first meeting was at a Starbucks where we talked for three hours. I did date some not so good people but it really is true that to find a prince, you have to kiss a lot of frogs.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 4:19 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Never hurt to get back out there....see what you been missing ..not like your going to get married in 24 or 36 hours
    FayMeek

Answer by FayMeek at 8:54 PM on May. 16, 2011