Acne

Has anyone ever used ProActive? I am 26 ...and I feel like I have acne like a 14 yr old! It is getting really annoying. I have been to a dermatologist..but they put me on a cream and an antibiotic. I took that for awhile, and it helped. I quit taking the antibiotic b.c I didnt like the idea of being on medication like that for a long period of time. Well, the acne came right back. I see advertised this Proactive..and just curious if it's something I should try. Or what else have you tried, that worked? Thanks ladies!

LoveMyKids0203

Asked by LoveMyKids0203 at 4:10 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Health

• Sister had terrible acne, and the only thing that helped her was to urinate on a white cotton cloth and rub it on her face. Leave it on as long as you can stand it before washing it off.

She was at her wit's end when she tried it, and it worked so well that she only had to do it a couple of times.

Obviously this is not a traditional approach, so I'm posting "anonymous."
    Anonymous

• Stop all dairy products and lower your sugar intake for two weeks. Dairy is the biggest problem. You WILL see a difference in just two weeks. After that, slowly introduce dairy back into your diet to see how much you can have without an outbreak. If you break out with just a little, switch to soy.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 4:15 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I tried it and I had a HORRIBLE reaction to it. I figured it was the benzoyl peroxide, so when they came out with a wash that used salicylic acid instead, I tried that and dammit I had the same horrible reaction! I would never use it again. I have tried just about everything out there in the last almost 20 years, including being on Accutane. I recently discovered Alba Botanica's Acnedote line and it is by far the best my skin has looked in all these years. I really love the stuff! I use the astringent, scrub, and drying lotion, and I am also using Alba's Hawaiian moisturizer.  http://www.vitacost.com/Alba-Botanica-Natural-Acnedote-Deep-Clean-Astringent

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:15 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Acne happens for all different reasons. I don't use dairy at all and my skin has always been a problem. I think it's just one more lovely thing I got from my father, who also had bad skin.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:17 PM on May. 16, 2011

• www.marykay.com find a consultant...we have THE best acne products. They work!!!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:19 PM on May. 16, 2011

• or contact me and i will help you!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:20 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I tried Proactive in high school. It didn't work for me, but like you, I'm (nearly) 26, with the acne of a hormonal teen. It started during my last pregnancy and hasn't gone away, but what HAS helped is "Yes to Tomatoes" clearing facial wash, twice a day, and a wipedown with Clean and Clear astringent (with salycillic acid) at night. Good luck.!
    mamasinpajamas

Answer by mamasinpajamas at 4:21 PM on May. 16, 2011

• ^^I'm looking for the Yes to Tomatoes cleanser you mentioned. Do you have a link?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:30 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i tried proactive. i sent it back but i shouldnt have because i didnt give it enough time to really see results. I know at first it's supposed to draw out all the gunk, so people think its making it worse! which it does...but then it makes it better. yea i would try proactive to get it off your chest to at least say you tried.
    also, whats wrong with medication? it seemed to have helped you, were there side effects you didn't like? was it too expensive? just know that i am not a huge fan of meds either and for about 7 years i refused to take any even though i knew I should be on them. I thought it would change me as a person. But if you understand HOW they work and how specifically they work, you will begin to appreciate the industry and what great technology we have :) drugs were made for specific causes that should only treat not harm you.
    also, back to acne...what works for me is lots of sun and a gallon of water. GL!!!!
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 1:54 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I think proactiv is a good choice! It worked for some people I know: http://antiskinproblems.com/truth-about-proactive-reviews/
    karenduff

Answer by karenduff at 10:32 AM on May. 15, 2014