Best friend messed up bad!!! your opinion please

I never ask anyone to watch my kids more than a few hours bc i do not trust anyone!! Well, i have this best friend that i finally found again after years but we are still bestees...well i go over her house all the time we are really close and everything..so i trusted her to watch my kids one day while me and my hubby go to a baseball game which was like our first outing by ourselves in 3 years or so....i called constantly and asked if they were good and everything was oka..she said yes!! so , the game and concert ended and we went home to pick up the kids, we got their and she says..
"i got bad news, your baby fran in the road and i didnt even notice it till the cars were beeping at him, lol"
i was like wtf and got out of there with my kids because if i didnt i would of done alot nmore than yell at her..
i havent been able to sleep because everytime i close my eyes this incident comes to mind(it happened two days ago) by the way this is my worst fear, my kids getting hit by cars.
I geuss my question is
SHOULD I REMAIN FRIENDS WITH HER AND GET OVER IT? or TELL HER WE CANT BE FRIENDS ANYMORE AND JUST SHY AWAY?

my baby is 17 months old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• i would probably be so mad i wouldn't want to see her ever again!
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 5:40 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would probably remain friends, but never let her watch my kids again.
    Anonymous

• I would start by telling her how I felt. Depending on how that conversation goes, wether our friendship will last or not.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 4:36 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Honestly....yikes, I'm not sure what I would do....I want to tell you to drop her like a bad habit, but the other shoe is coming on and I have to ask, does she have kids, what was she doing that she didn't notice where the child was, how old is the child that you are calling a baby. Was it a busy street or a "cul de sac" type of thing...there are so many factors that I would have to take into consideration before giving you a "I would do this" opinion.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:37 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't be friends with someone like that! I'm a good enough person to find PLENTY of friends... I certainly don't need to keep that kind around me, or my family!
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 4:35 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My own Ds snuck off and into the rd. He's 2, and all it took was long enough for him to leave the room while I changed his brother's diaper and chase him out the front door. it could happen to anyone. I would wait a while to leave your kids with her, but understand it could happen to you too.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:39 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I dont know how she can act so irresponsible. But yeah you can stay friends with her just dont evenr let her watch the kids. But I would defenatly talk to her abotu this issue again and how you feel.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 4:48 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I'd say still be her friend but dont trust your kids in her hands.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:35 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i think u could remain friends but trust her less with your kids...
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 4:36 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Friends, yes. Babysitter, no way!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 4:37 PM on May. 16, 2011