Satellite internet/tv/videos

I am very new to satellite internet service. I was very naive to how slow satellite is. It advertises high speed ect. but it is awful. Is it normal for satellite service to be slow? Also I notice that watching You Tube videos or Tv shows are near immpossible. I can only watch around a few seconds at a time while it takes a long time to keep loading. I just don't get it. Should I call the company, or is this just what I have to live with?

Roisin07

Asked by Roisin07 at 4:36 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Entertainment

• I've never dealt with satellite internet, but I would certainly call and complain!!!
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 4:39 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I live out in the country and cannot get DSL or cable. We had dial-up for a long time. Looked into satellite internet and almost did it, but most all of the reviews we read said nothing but negative things. Luckily we are able to have WiFi through a local company...and, although they aren't great or anything, they are much better than dial-up.

Good luck!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 4:40 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I had Wild Blue satellite internet for a while. The guy told me that the satellite service uses (and bear with me, I forgot the name of it), I want to say circuit. Everyone shares the same circuit until it gets full and then they open a new circuit up. I am understanding it to be that the people who come on at the end do not really notice, because they'll never see a difference, but as they add new people, it will bog the service down for those who have been used to faster internet service. I'm not being very technical, I know. Anyway, ours was always awful. Everyone in our area complained and then we started to get some people coming into the neighborhood setting up wireless. That wasn't much better. LOL! Anyway, if you can get the technical terms, ask the company you are with how full your circuit is right now. Hope that helps.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:43 PM on May. 16, 2011