For those of you who have tested positive for Group B Strep?

What was your experience? How long did it take to get your three doses of antibiotics in you during labor? Were you able to get them in before delivery? Did they keep your baby for additional monitoring?

This is my third baby and the first time I have ever tested positive for GBS. The thing that irritates me is that I had my test over 2 weeks ago and they "forgot" to tell me the results until **I** asked today while I was at my appointment. Sigh!!!!!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:41 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had it with DD. We had to stay in the hospital for one extra day (48 hours total). Everything was fine and normal, except I was required to get an IV as soon as my water broke, which meant I was pretty much bed bound the remainder of my labor, which SUCKED!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:43 PM on May. 16, 2011

• They say it takes 2 hrs for the meds to go through and for you to be able to have your baby. And I've never heard of anyone having to stay long just because of gbs.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:48 PM on May. 16, 2011

• my water broke two days before my scheduled c-section around 6 pm they told me they were giving me the antibiotics through the night and i would go into surgery at 6 am at 7 am my daughter was born and had to be observed for a day to make sure she didn't get infected but they said that was because she was 2 weeks early
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 11:00 PM on May. 16, 2011