How do you make a sandwich for a 13 month old?

I feel so dumb asking this, but I have still yet to figure out how to make my DS a sandwich. He's becoming soooo picky and I need to branch out. I'm looking for technique, how to cut it, safe ingredients, etc.

Thanks!!!

karesmile

Asked by karesmile at 4:46 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• IME they take it apart anyway so I always offered the 'ingredients'. Meats, cheeses, tomatoes, avocados... what ever I had on my sandwich...and come crackers or some cubes of bread. I never used mayo or anything until they were closer to 2 and a half.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:50 PM on May. 16, 2011

• If you make pbj, mix up the peanut butter with the jelly first. They will take the sandwich apart. This was they get their protein and sweet at the same time. Cut off the crust, dry and save for stuffed mushrooms or breading something.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 4:55 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I used to take 2 slices of whole wheat, put a slice of cheese or turkey inside, a little mayo to make it stick. Then I would smoosh it so it stayed closed. Then I cut it up into bite sized pieces or at least quarters.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:49 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I just put a slice of turkey or ham, and a slice of cheese in between two pieces of bread and cut it up into squares. Sometimes I'd toast it like a grilled cheese. I didn't use condiments until after 2, but I'm not saying you can't lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:05 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I did grilled cheese and cut it into cubes. DS never took them apart unless it was PB&J because he couldn't see what was inside.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 7:38 PM on May. 16, 2011