How many.......... adult content

How many people give birth to pre-mature babies? My doctor says that i might give birth early.So.. whats happens if they r pre-mature?

Macibear101

Asked by Macibear101 at 4:48 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i havent but my sister did and some of my friends have. i almost did.
    is different for each baby, some of them have alot of complications others not so many, it really depends on what week you deliver
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:51 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My husband was born premature. He was born at 29weeks and weighed 3lbs 9oz. He stayed in the hospital for 8weeks in the NICU. He did very well so he got to come home early. Once he went home they kept him on a monitor for sleep apnea for some time
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 4:54 PM on May. 16, 2011

• TONS of women give birth to premies every year. Complications really depend on how close to delivery you are. If you have baby at 36 weeks you're likely to have less complications than if you have baby at 30 weeks.

My cousin was born VERY early (27 weeks), he was 1 lb 12 oz when he was born, he literally fit in the palm of his daddy's hands. He is now 13 and aside from having asthma (his lungs weren't developed when he was born) and small, he is a perfectly healthy kid.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:58 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i was 2+ months premature...I had to stay longer in the hospital but im great now. Funny thing both my kids were 2 weeks past due. brittany came a couple hours before I was to be induced and i wasinduced with dillon. Good luck. its worth it!
    christinawillis

Answer by christinawillis at 5:02 PM on May. 16, 2011

• 30 years ago I was 8 weeks premature. I spent my first 30 days in an incubator. I was 3lbs 14 oz.

7.5 years ago my son was born about a week early. Because of complications during labor, and him being an emergency C-section he spent our hospital stay in the Special care nursery at the hospital and not in my room with me. He had an oxygen hood for the first several hours. He also had to stay an extra day because he wasn't nursing as well as THEY'D like. Well, DUH. They gave him those stupid little bottles of formula that drip freely when turned upside down AGAINST MY WISHES. Hard choice there: work for my food by nursing, or wait long enough and my food will just drip down my throat.

Yeah, I'm still pissed about that one.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:07 PM on May. 16, 2011