I have a 3 year pld and I amhaving trouble getting her to go potty in the restroom.

She is going and sitting in there but she never goes but when she leaves the restroom she will use the restroom. She has the idea but doesnt ever go and its frustrating help.

jenram304

Asked by jenram304 at 4:49 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is she in underwear? If not, switch to undies. Take her every 1/2 hour. She'll get the feeling. Give her m&ms whenever she goes. The next day switch to every hour. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:55 PM on May. 16, 2011

• If it's a public bathroom with power flushing she may be scared of the noise. My daughter was for a little while. I just took her in and had her TRY. When she saw me not freaking out over the noise she calmed down.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:09 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Thank you for asking this question. Because my daughter turns 3 thursday and she is giving me the blues with getting fully potty trained. im going to try tthe suggestions giving also. and good luck with getting your lil one trained. :)
    Sweetpea26695

Answer by Sweetpea26695 at 9:06 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Flushing noise still an issue with my little guy. If we are out for a length of time he asks me in advance if the store will have a "nice potty" meaning one with a standard flush. There is probably some element that is missing and if you can get to the root of the problem you might get a solution.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:49 PM on May. 17, 2011