A rose by any other name?

I work with this man who is always pleasant and polite to me. So, what's the problem? He calls me everything but my name. It's Love, Honey, honeybun, Sweetie, etc. Should I gently remind him that my name is Louise, or just let it go?

crazycatlady66

Asked by crazycatlady66 at 4:49 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• ps; i like your nickname, crazycat lady, loool
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 4:52 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Most definitely SPEAK UP!
    Anonymous

• LOL, I would say honey if you forgot my name it's okay....it's Louise. Does is names bother you? Does he call all the women by pet names? I know I am horrible for it, I call everyone honey, sweetheart....among other pet names for my girlfriends LOL... I don't see it as disrespectful, I have a name I call only my husband....and it's usually girls who get the brunt of my names.. the only thing that matters is how it makes you feel, if it makes you feel uncomfortable gently remind him of your name, if it doesn't then just let it go.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:52 PM on May. 16, 2011

• lol, maybe he just forgets names, I'm that way too.... you should remind him if it bother you.
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 4:51 PM on May. 16, 2011

• If it bothers you then politely tell him you prefer to be called by your name
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 4:51 PM on May. 16, 2011

• call his desk or leave a note on his desk about something you two talked about and include your name
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:04 PM on May. 16, 2011

• As long as he isn't hitting on you, I wouldn't be bothered by it. I'm from the south, so I'm used to those names :)
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 5:04 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would remind him in the morning of your name, then refuse to answer or respond to him until he used your real name.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:12 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would say something. We have this old school sales rep here that calls every female "m'dear." Annoying as hell.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 9:24 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Last night at work, my co worker told me that he is terrible with names. he told me he has 3 daughters and sometimes he has to go through all 3 of their names until he gets to the one he is talking to. It bothers me less now that i know where he is coming from and why.
    crazycatlady66

Comment by crazycatlady66 (original poster) at 4:36 PM on May. 17, 2011